an insightful post about kanging from the blackdroid plus his next rom.

Last Updated:

1. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Scottmc

Scottmc Well-Known Member

Threads closed so I can't comment on it. I personally am a copyleft advocate - and, really was what Richard Stallman was trying to achieve. Apache, LGPL, and the likes, are just bastardazations that allow corporate america to steal (sorry, kang) hardworking individuals work and rebrand as proprietary. This was NOT what GNU and GPL was supposed to be about. I think the Apache License sucks - my two nickels worth.

3. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

Meh. Bad move on BD's part unless he's purposely inviting drama to help paint himself as the "Open Source Rebel", in which case it will probably work for him.
    It's not like there has been any bitching about him as of late. -In fact, quite the opposite. People are raving about his latest ROM here, so I dunno if it's a coincidence or a play, but so long as he doesn't get further side-tracked (-he's recently expanded to include other phones and has been slower than usual to respond to feedback...), I don't care. I'd rather spend my time enjoying my Droid than having discussions about the ROM I'm using being muddied up by all the drama.

4. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yeah but intresting nonetheless