• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Roms, roms and more roms 4.3 FOXHOUND/ECHOE/OMEGA

gogolie

Lurker
Feb 19, 2014
Greetings figured I'd let you guys know the options that are available to you on Verizon. These are my own ports and work for MDK - MK2 (Safestrap or TWRP or CWM) this is my first 3 I have 10 total they are compatible with any S4. Read the op or check out original threads:
M1A3
OMEGA
FOXHOUND DIAMOND DOGS

Donate if they helped you out at all and help me out :)

Well start off with:

Gogolie'sROM Port: Foxhound Diamond Dogs 3.6 MDK THRU MK2 COMPATIBLE & ANY CARRIER COMPATIBLE = VZW - AT&T - TMO - SPR THERE IS NO FORCED KERNEL OR MODULE INSTALL! (NECESSARY FOR SAFESTRAP PLEASE MODERATORS DON'T MAKE ME INCLUDE ONE ITS NOT NECESSARY FOR OUR PHONES!)

This very quick little TW rom is awesome its my daily. New update allows for zip install to any slot on SafeStrap or through any custom recovery. AT&T and other carriers may need to flash your MK2 modules or add in TMO APN/ AT&T APN / SPRINT APN settings to get this beast working 100%. If that didn't fix your problem then you need to install the GSM / LTE carrier modem (just guessing that your GSM if you can't get this going as thats been only complaint of lost data and he was able to fix it with proper carrier modem). If these options are too difficult I'll be posting my own comp packs for major carriers below in download sections zip install immediately after installing ROM.

Known issues/Not Working (only for select users):

No known issues exist, if you find a reoccurring bug that has not been addressed here or in the Int section please post.
Issues with not having "stockish on stock slot" may occur by having a heavily modified/themed ROM in stock slot using SafeStrap.

If it doesnt work for you I'm sorry your best bet if your on VZW is SS but with thousands of downloads and hardly any issues across the board with the 1st release I think that speaks for itself... ALL My ROMs rock and are fixed ports or originals and bug free for me or I wouldn't release them. Otherwise this thread would be a mile long like some other Roms that need constant support! Enjoy took me some time to put together so if it works thank me or better yet donate so you can see updates and more roms! :)

This is a port of the Foxhound Diamond Dog Team's v3.6 w/ ML6 base using a essential only install w a lot of mods and a clean diamond boot animation, included 4.4 apps and a sound/volume mod with the ultra sharp Foxhound theme. Updated all parts of ROM like Xposed / Play Store ect that were giving users some issues before.

Remember I myself nor XDA is responsible for any actions or mistakes or decisions you make with your phone. Installing a custom ROM is a personal decision I say flash it all but thats my decision. However a bit of insight would tell you there is no kernel forced installed like most ROMs try to do so there is much less chance of any errors or issues or bricking because of this. I recommend installing MK2 stock or your favorite kernel and trying and experimenting with this yourself.

Lil about me: I'm a now broke, technically I'm disabled (w/ 4 crushed discs in spine the gov says I'm too young to get disability and shouldn't admit that MMJ medicine works for me they=heartless pricks)I'm a full time single parent of a 1 yr old so Idon't get a lot of time for my passions anymore. ex award winning programmer (lost the love for it, be sure to copyright anything you intellectually own especially when it comes to working with G or MS. they'll steal your everything claim you signed it over and hang you out to dry) now i'm just a fellow android lover with a knack for making things work when they normally won't, experimenting, coding,scripting, anything I feel like doing so if this or any of my other creations or additions to your phone helped you in any way help keep my kid in fresh diapers or put a beer in my hand please. Anything is better than nothing I have spent countless hours learning testing and everything in between to bring you cool stuff like this. Thanks!
PS Sorry to all the fans of my ROM ports I had promised updates and made them but wasn't able to post on here because I didn't offer support or own a sprint phone (even though I fix/root and install my roms for customers of my home business on all national carriers without issues:!) Let em hate eh if I suddenly vanish and stop responding or supporting my threads (give me a few days to respond to PMs and questions) or my accounts not active find me at Infamous Forums. Thanks again for all the donations and support. I do this for the users that like their phones to have options. Not for the money or fame (LOL get treal i love the accusations they funny but come on play nice other devs lying about my stuff)

NEW DOWNLOADS: (Install .zip in any Custom Recovery. Tested on Philz and TWRP.)
UPDATED ZIP FOR "GOGOLIE'S UNOFFICIAL SLIM" VERSION 3.65: LINK
(Ignore the .zip header info it says Phoenix 7.3 I forgot to modify its not it is Foxhound DD 3.65 too much work being done to update)
NEW WALLPAPERS TO TRY:
#1, #2, [URL="http://feb.imghost.us/G7oG.jpg"]#3[/URL], #4, #5
ALTERNATIVE LOCKSCREENS:
OPTIONAL GPS FIX INTL: LINK (thx poeypresents/thedoman/jrkruse)

MORE DLs SOON LIKE COMP PACKS FOR SPRINT, TMOBILE AND AT&T **THESE ARENT NEEDED TO INSTALL IF OP IS FOLLOWED

OLD VERSION Download SS/TWRP Install by Restores:
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0BwL6-n3ZMcedTzY1WFJ4N1dEQ2s&export=download
or
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwL6-n3ZMcedTzY1WFJ4N1dEQ2s/
Install:
Unzip into your new SS backup dir into your backup Safestrap folder in a folder like gogolies-Foxhound3.6 make sure all files are simply in 1 folder and that folder is in your backup directory and restore to a ***blank/newly created or STOCK*** rom slot. I went super small as small as SS would allow for slot creation. If your getting an error on restoring be sure to try deleting the slot and re-adding it then restoring the system files. If your WiFi doesn't work try flashing MJ7 or MK2 SS modules but only flash modules after 1st booting up rom and knowing wifi isnt working. 1st boot takes time plz allow a minute after loading up 1st time after 1st boot. Startup time is fastest SS rom I've seen. FH Apps and Settings contain xposed and modules for it and can help u customize and tweak it a bit but are installed as system files and don't let you update easily but it can be done I suggest just leaving it until another release or read down in the thread for details on how to update if you must..
Special thanks to: you fools that downloaded this to help test and found little to no actual issues... or specific user issues... THCX boys!
Surge1223, Hashcode, rarffaele88, snakes, jrkruse, ktoonsez,open1your1eyes, sbreen94, k1mu, old&slow, beanstown106, Dubbsy, invisiblek, nitroglycerine33, jovy23, andybones and anyone else contributing anything toward development!

-gogolie
Screens from VZW:
49qL.bmp

Below is a copy of what raffaele88 said in his original thread please thank him and anyone associated.
header.png

feature.png

Based on last firmware
Deodexed & Rooted
Unlimited SMS recipient list
Disabled scrolling cache
Removed bloatwares (Available on zip)
Large APN list
Insert Xposed Framework
Battery 1% mod
Insert module for Xposed
DPI Changer
Market multi DPI inverted
Rom are Themed and costumizable with Xposed
Insert Rom Control in Settings
Enabled Call recording
4 Way reboot (Recovery,Download

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones