• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

And the winner is!!! Tmobile Project Emerald

:thinking:

The good news (especially for T-Mobile users)....

-All but AT&T's model will have a camera flash.

-The phone will be Android 2.1 but should be 2.2 when it arrives.

The Bad News....

-Somehow, the Hummingbird processor is out and the Snapdragon chip is in.

WTF?!?! :mad:

Now why would they go through all that fuss about the Hummingbird's power and then remove it?!?

That part, I hope, is incorrect......

:(

Upvote 0
Man, everyone will complain about something. Even without the flash, this phone is better than any current (Incredible and Evo included) Android phone available. The hardware alone makes this phone a beast.

The Super AMOLED display will have insane GPU power which will compliment the 1ghz processor very nicely. It will be an incredible phone.

Upvote 0
True, it will be an awesome phone.....it's just that the Hummingbird Processor was ONE of the main key feature selling points of this phone...and I was looking forward to seeing it's real performance unleashed once someone roots this phone.

You know if they had just given the i8910 Omnia HD the Android OS and Hummingbird processor that would be the ideal phone.

:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones