• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Andrioid app not getting good response

Hi,
I recently published an app of Google play. Its called MeWannaPay for Tennis. To be honest I think my team and me have developed a decent and useful app. Have spend a lot of time testing it as well.
However we have had almost no response so far. Only 1 download.

I have done all the basic form of marketing too..posts on several android forums for review, facebook page etc.

The pricing is what I though is appropriate comparing other apps in the same category - sports. Maybe I am in the wrong category, don't know.
Can you guys tell me what else can I do or where I might have gone wrong?

Thanks,
-v-

did you research on the demographics of your market? I mean won't most tennis players be already go to their preferred courts and know where these are? Some of these courts are clubs and won't let you play unless you are members. Based on experience people don't aimlessly wander around looking for tennis courts, they already know the courts they want to go to, or are regular members of tennis clubs. I haven't experienced anyone going around tennis courts looking for pick up games, unlike basketball.

Upvote 0
Do you also have a web site promoting it? Did you send review copies to top bloggers in the Android field.

Putting an app on Google Play is the BEGINNING of your marketing - not the end.

I market for a living so I can tell you that you need a plan...

PM me if you want me to brainstorm some ideas with you for 20 minutes or so for free.

Upvote 0
MeWannaPay for Tennis, doesn't sound like a particularly appealing name IMO. Sounds too much like "Me so horny. Me love you long time!".

I could just imagine going to The All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in London SW6, and saying "Me wanna pay for tennis!".

What does this app actually do. Find the nearest public tennis courts or something, and you have to pay for it? :thinking: Surely Google can already do that, and for free?

Upvote 0
MeWannaPay for Tennis, doesn't sound like a particularly appealing name IMO. Sounds too much like "Me so horny. Me love you long time!".

I could just imagine going to The All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in London SW6, and saying "Me wanna pay for tennis!".

What does this app actually do. Find the nearest public tennis courts or something, and you have to pay for it? :thinking: Surely Google can already do that, and for free?

Actually its MEWANNAPLAY. I searched for it in the market. Lol. It has a social network function where it can find other users looking for matches.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Actually its MEWANNAPLAY. I searched for it in the market. Lol. It has a social network function where it can find other users looking for matches.

I just found the website by Googling "mewannaplay", it looks very nice. However the "Partners matched so far 000000" :thinking: doesn't look very promising to any potential buyers of this app IMO.

As ebusinesstutor pointed out, it seems vishal2011 seriously needs to work on marketing his app.

BTW I already know where I can play tennis, and there's usually plenty of willing partners to play with as well. :)

Upvote 0
BTW I already know where I can play tennis, and there's usually plenty of willing partners to play with as well. :)

My point exactly. Tennis players aren't like basketball players who go around the entire city picking on other neighborhoods for pickup games and whatnot. They tend to stick to a couple of familiar courts and play there. Mainly due to preferred surfaces, service etc. At least that's how it is here.

Upvote 0
My point exactly. Tennis players aren't like basketball players who go around the entire city picking on other neighborhoods for pickup games and whatnot. They tend to stick to a couple of familiar courts and play there. Mainly due to preferred surfaces, service etc. At least that's how it is here.

Perhaps the OP could change his app to basketball or street football/soccer or something? "Me Wanna Hustle."

Upvote 0
mewannapay for tennis, doesn't sound like a particularly appealing name imo. Sounds too much like "me so horny. Me love you long time!".

I could just imagine going to the all england lawn tennis and croquet club in london sw6, and saying "me wanna pay for tennis!".

What does this app actually do. Find the nearest public tennis courts or something, and you have to pay for it? :thinking: Surely google can already do that, and for free?

hahahahaha!!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones