• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 2.1 HERO News

Just had this emailed from HTC .....

Thank you for your email. We understand that now that a phone running Android OS 2.1 is available that you are excited to get an update for your Hero. We are still hard at work building Sense for this new version but we expect to have the upgrade finished and ready to go soon. Please understand that it takes time to customize any Android version to ensure you have the intuitive experience Sense provides, and we hope you can be patient for just a little while longer.

Kind Regards,

Anthony M
HTC

... i just hope soon really does mean soon :)

Now thats what i call good news! That "ready to go soon" sounded much better from an employee of HTC that said from some polish forum

Upvote 0
Sooooo, what's the chances of 2.1 allowing aps to save to SD ?
To be honest, it's only this small chance that i've held off from rooting, i've only got 10meg internal left for gods sake, and i've sacked off the needless stuff i don't want.
165meg is just not enough at all, how do they expect people to continue to use the market (and sustain further revenue) when there's no memory to store your stuff ??

And as for lolcats, it's my #1 HATE on the net.
I think anyone that posts a lolcat in any forum ANYWHERE should be hunted down, Jay & Silent Bob style !!

Upvote 0
its just a shame that before nobody knew who Android were before and now its got a bad name because the 'pioneering' company have let us down time and time again with 2.1.

i mean i had an iSheep user look at my phone and say wow you look like a dirty geek and im more of a chic geek with my iphone (i presumed he had his 1-click jailbroken!)

Its a shame that the HTC Hero which was for many supposed to be a step up from the iphone has turned out as a disaster!

hoping for 2.1 soon but as usual not holding my breath for anything amazing anymore

(sorry didnt realise this thread was an old one would never have bumped otherwise)

Upvote 0
shows how old the problem is.

I'm already rooted and using villainrom 10.3 rom,its android 2.1 based on an official rom for the hero. plus over-clocked to 691mHz, all apps to SD. If you follow the rooting guides on this site for the hero, really consider doing it as its so much better than 1.5, suddenly apps become available to you like sat nav in google maps.

Reactions: nick_j007
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones