• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Android 2.x post on theregister.co.uk

Hi all,

I've been following the forum for a few weeks now to check what this handset is like as I am now eligable for upgrade with o2 in the UK and after reading others frustrations and such I have decided to wait till the new year to see what devices come out.

Interesting post at theregister.co.uk here: Samsung's Galaxy stuck in history ? The Register

Doesn't look good for this device :-(

True, just with it being posted on a hi-profile news site like that the potential for nothing to be happening is slightly higher.

I do like the device myself but i'm not going to go for it if there's absolutely no means to upgrade to a newer Android OS. I've seen the rumour of 2.1 going on for this device in Q1 2010 but like you will keep my fingers crossed for it.

Cheers,

Mark

Upvote 0
That said, I don't learn do I. I'm hoping to get a Nexusone as soon as possible. I'm also off to Orange, the O2 3G signal is useless in London!

I'm keen to get a look at the build quality of the Nexus One (HTC) myself before commiting as an early adopter of the Chocolate Factory's latest toy.

I'm in Newcastle and the 3G is not bad where I am at the moment but the fact the Data Network is up and down more than a hoes draws kind of really sucks!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones