• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 4.0 (ICS) - when?

Enter *#1234# in the dialler. Your current firmware (PDA), baseband/mode (Phone), and CSC versions will be displayed.

If it's unbranded the CSC should contain the 3-letter code XEU. If I remember correctly however, you stated in a previous thread that you purchased the handset from Carphone Warehouse? If so there's a good chance the CSC code will be CPW, indicating a non-generic firmware.

SLUG, what about my phone here is the version i dont know if my phone is branded or unbranded or maybe fake?

PDA : I9100UHKI2

PHONE : I9100UHKI1

CSC : I9100UUBKI2

BUILD INFO : MON SEP 5 20:11:10 KST 2011

Upvote 0
Probably the only way to debrand your phone from T-Mobile is to flash a generic custom ROM. Not sure if there is any other way as I have always rooted and used custom ROMs..

If you have used CF Root, it places a copy of CWM on your phone so you can flash away to your hearts content.

Dude,

I appreciate your help.. I am new to Android as you can probably tell :) lol .. I have purchased a unlock code from a website which it has now unliocked the phone.. cost me

Upvote 0
When you say the only way to get rid of the carrier logo is to flash with custom firmware.. please can you assist and send me links to guides where I can find custom firmware and the proceedure of how to go about it? I am a noob.. many thanks :)

PS: Indeed I now have CWM on my phone.. but where do I get the Custom Rom? Is it like the Cnogenmod rom etc.. ? Also how do I flash. please can you point me to the right link :) also whats all the lingo with CSC CPW? what do they mean? Thanks :)

Try here for step-by-step instructions, and video, on installing a custom ROM:-

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...0-checkrom-v6-dummies-guide-installation.html

You could also flash the official, generic, unbranded, firmware for your handset. See here:-

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1075278

For more information on ROM' custom and official, see the stick on the All Things Root section of the forum:-

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...guide-last-updated-02-mar-2012-13-48-gmt.html

Hope this helps. :D

Reactions: mkohman
Upvote 0
The rumored March 1 release date for Samsung Galaxy S II ICS update has already passed and we are yet to see the update. Now, we are hearing from Samsung Israel that consumers in the country will receive the Android 4.0 update on March 15. This is the first official statement from Samsung stating a fixed date for Android 4.0 update for S II. While, this is only valid of Israel, we hope that other countries don

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Samsung has announced ICS for S2 on March 10th. If my math is correct, is Korea not a day ahead of us?

News & Alerts SAMSUNG

Edit: It appears Samsung has removed this notice from their website. Not sure what it means as many of the news sites are reporting the post that was there earlier...

Edit, Edit: I found this still up on the samsung site: Galaxy S II Ice Cream Sandwich Update

Upvote 0
404 Not Found

The page your looking for could not be found

Return to Previous Page

as copied from the page that appears when using my s2.... lol.....

That's because your phones browser is trying to find the mobile Page which doesn't exist. Watch the url when it goes to connect and you will see it change to http://m.

Reactions: sntaylor
Upvote 0
News & Alerts SAMSUNG

Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 Upgrade Available on March 10, 2012
From Samsung themselves...
1. Major Improvement
– Platform upgrades Android 2.3 Gingerbread → Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
ㆍ Face Unlock and Android Beam are added
ㆍ Mobile Network Data usage function is added
ㆍ Usability of multi-tasking and some applications is improved

Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 Upgrade Available on March 10, 2012
ICS Upgrade for Galaxy S II It's time to level up! Starting March 10, 2012, you may upgrade your Galaxy S II to Android Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) thru KIES 2.0. Just get the latest version of KIES to enjoy ICS 4.0.

To know more about the upgrade, please check on FAQ article Galaxy S2 ICS Upgrade.

Galaxy S II Ice Cream Sandwich Update

ricnar

Reactions: Stormlight
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones