• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 4.1.2

Just got it last night for my Tab 2 7 (gt-p3100). Two new apps that I've noticed: Paper Artist, and Group cast. The Gallery app has changed. Noticed a new feature in the display settings (At least I don't remember it) call smart stay. Keeps the tab on regardless of screen timeout if the tab can detect your eyes. Tried it and a lot depends on lighting.

Why does mine doesn't have those features? I just updated mine then I was searching those new features but cant find them? It just added blocking mode and new UI and Notification panel.

Upvote 0
Why does mine doesn't have those features? I just updated mine then I was searching those new features but cant find them? It just added blocking mode and new UI and Notification panel.

You can install the two apps from Samsung app store for free and i found the smart stay useless.. i keep getting notification saying smart stay could not detect your eyes.

to verify if you have the smart stay feature you can go to display settings look for option to enable the feature(i am sure this has to be enabled manually).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones