• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 4.2.2 photosphere/camera app problems

QuinnQuiver

Lurker
Mar 23, 2013
cultofandroid com/22481/manually-install-googles-latest-android-4-2-2-update-how-to/

I am new to the world of tablets..I just received a google nexus 7 in the mail today.
So...I just bought a new google nexus 7 32gb and it updated to Andriod 4.2.2 when I first started it up...
I looked here www android com/whatsnew/ to see all the new features in android 4.2....
There is this...

1) Android 4.2 allows devices to enable wireless display. You can share movies, YouTube videos, and anything that

Well I have done some research on the question I asked and apparently
Nexus 7 sucks.
I have found out that nexus 7 doesn't come with a native camera app.
So google made this feature for their tiny screen have to buy a phone service for it and for their mega expensive 10" model...but they just decided make the nexus 7 camera suck...that is why it is $199 because the camera sucks.

Also another craptacular thing about nexus 7...it doesn't have an autofocusing camera so it can't detect barcodes.....I have tried many barcode scanner app and none of them detect the barcode.

One of the reasons I wanted a tablet is to do inventory since a larger screen makes it easier to deal with inventory programs but without the ability to scan barcodes, getting an inventory is stupidly tedious.

I don't have enough to return this and spend $300 more on the Nexus 10...any suggestions?....is there some kind of third front facing camera attachment I can get for the nexus 7 that will stay attached to the tablet?

Also Any ideas on how to get photosphere on this thing?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones