• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Android app sharing 'profile' info between users

rbsander

Lurker
Aug 3, 2013
Hi all,
First off, I am new to the forums and a n00b to android. I am currently looking into how to share profile information between users.
A 'profile' for the app would contain simple information: username, password, zipcode, and an array of ints that represent the user's personal ratings of locations.
What I would like a user that is signed in to be able to do is list a certain group of people (This means access to usernames of other users). From this list, calculations are made to return a list of locations that say the group of users commonly rate highly, or some other set of locations based on the int arrays (This means access to all of the selected profile' int arrays of ratings).
My question is how would I need to store something like this so that they can be accessed no matter who is logged in? I more or less just need to be pointed in a direction. This is one small part of what I am looking into,theoretical at this point, and I would just like to know if it is possible and the general idea of how.

Thank you all in advance for your advice and expertise.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones