• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android applications vs Iphone applications (Todays market)

Hello, I've yet to get an Andriod phone, looking to get the Hero when it drops next month @ Sprint. I was wondering how the applications currently available for the Andriod phones compare to iPhones applications? I really love the iPhone and it's apps but wouldn't go to AT&T for it and want to know if I'm going to be disappointed with the Apps for Andriod once I get the Hero after seeing what the iPhone has to offer.

Android apps are currently lagging behind iPHone apps.
But given that more and more android devices coming out and the troubles developers have encountered to get their iphone apps approved, and android API is really nice, I expect more developers will develop for Android.

Im going to have to agree with this. As more and more devices launch with android, there will be a greater demand for different apps. I expect to see a good many new apps coming in the next year. I dont expect all of them to be quality stuff, but there should be several nice gems out of the lot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones