1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Android applications vs Iphone applications (Todays market)

Last Updated:

1. nothingbutaGthingbaby

nothingbutaGthingbaby Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, I've yet to get an Andriod phone, looking to get the Hero when it drops next month @ Sprint. I was wondering how the applications currently available for the Andriod phones compare to iPhones applications? I really love the iPhone and it's apps but wouldn't go to AT&T for it and want to know if I'm going to be disappointed with the Apps for Andriod once I get the Hero after seeing what the iPhone has to offer.

Advertisement
  2. trick202

trick202 Well-Known Member

In my opinion it's the ONLY place we (Android community) needs to really kick ourselves up the *rse.

The iPhone itself is not terribly interesting, but the apps are amazing and abundant.

Time will change this, I hope.

3. mobileappbuilder

mobileappbuilder New Member

Android apps are currently lagging behind iPHone apps.
    But given that more and more android devices coming out and the troubles developers have encountered to get their iphone apps approved, and android API is really nice, I expect more developers will develop for Android.

4. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity what do Iphone apps use?? Jave like Android or something different?

5. mobileappbuilder

mobileappbuilder New Member

It's Objective-C which has a much smaller developer base than Java.

6. TheBigCheese

TheBigCheese Active Member

One thing thats nice about it is that it's extremely fast. Faster than Java, unless Google made some modifications.

7. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

Im going to have to agree with this. As more and more devices launch with android, there will be a greater demand for different apps. I expect to see a good many new apps coming in the next year. I dont expect all of them to be quality stuff, but there should be several nice gems out of the lot.

8. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

When Flash Is fully supported on android , We may be able to have Downloadable falsh games etc too , Not bad :)

I'm curious as to whether or not Iphone apps can be Ported over/converted easily so it's suitable for Android?