• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Battery Updater

Hi peeps,
I keep seeing an advert on android for battery upgrader but when Ive tried to download it to my htc wildfire it tells me to turn off the accepting outside downloads, but its supposed to be an android one. When I tried it came up as possibly harmful. Has anyone else had this problem before I don't know whether its a false positive or something like that or something harmful is copying android things???
Here's hoping thanks:eek:
John

The only way to stay safe from Airpush is to NEVER EVER get near them. Antivirus apps are starting to detect the crap, but if you're in doubt search Airpush Detector or Addons Detector in the market.

Please note that even IF you give them your phone's serial number, it is not really "encrypted" safely at all (according to Airpush's ores releases), if it IS even encrypted. Oh, and most things with Airpush also track your location, whether the service is disabled or not.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones