• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Forums app issues

funkylogik

share the love peeps ;)
Sep 15, 2011
Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
Hey peeps.
So my AF app seems to be getting kicked from ram most of the time and I use it several times a day.
I go to another app, return and it fresh loads.
Any ideas?

Also I started using this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zomut.watchdoglite
About a week ago on conservative settings and AF triggers an alarm several times a day (even when app is in background)
So is the watchdog app snake oil or does the AF app have problems?
Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: Guggy
Yeah I've never liked the Web version although I believe it's changed to a better mobile view?
May actually start using that mate if I can wean myself from the app :thumbsupdroid:
I pop between them. View and surf with our app, jump to browser when desired, back out of browser back to app.

If I leave the app run for too long, I just reboot - stupid Tapatalk has almost always had a memory leak and reboots don't bother me.

I know I'm making the best of a bad code base.

But hate pure Xenforo mobile so I make do going 50/50 with it.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Just got another freeze and then close.
It's not like I can predict it enough to get a logcat.
So is the app becoming an afterthought, less ad revenue or something or are the team just too busy with the Phandroid news app or what?
Id happily buy a good forums app (although I'm a premium member (by prize lol not by cash))
This is about my 2nd most used non-essential app so I'd love for it to behave :thumbsupdroid:

Upvote 0
It's up to you. :)

I think it's better for them to get your direct feedback with the new app.

They're good guys, I'm not running the latest, and I'd probably be a fifth wheel to be honest.

(Not running the latest has to do with mod stuff that I'm already chatting with Phases about - any of that would derail your discussion and I don't want that for you! :) ;))

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones