Android ICS stock emails downloaded locally

1. Kantor

Kantor Member

I cannot connect anymore (and won't in the future...) to my exchange account through the stock email app on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. But I have all emails downloaded locally (except attachs). Now my issue is I can't find a way to move/export/copy all these mails in order to be able to open them with the Gmail app and thus having them available anytime and anywhere.

Thanks for any advice.

Advertisement
    :
  2. annebrooks64

annebrooks64 Well-Known Member

If you go into your stock email app and tick the boxes next to the emails you want to move you should see an icon on the top right that looks like 3 lines, tap that and it should give you a list of options including one to move them to gmail. If not you could forward them to yourself at your gmail address.
  3. Kantor

Kantor Member

Thanks, but not working, as said, can't access my exchange account anymore. Your suggestion requires credentials that've been changed...So no forward possible.
    Thought there might be a way to identify the email db and somehow transfer it...
    I am now stuck with the mails on this tablet only.
  4. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Well-Known Member

If the email is indeed saved locally, why do you need to access your old exchange account to forward them? Just send them from your tablet using another account. Gmail or whatever other account you have will do, doesn't matter as long as you don't use the exchange account as the outgoing server.
    Kantor likes this.
  5. Kantor

Kantor Member

It works. Added another gmail account in the stock app and started to move the mails there, very slow process though. I was initially confused by the expression "...just send them from your tablet..."
    No exchange indeed.

Thanks
  6. Kantor

Kantor Member

Yeap...for received mails worked. But I can't move the sent items, there isn't any option in the sent folder for moving...Any thoughts?

Thanks
  7. Crashdamage

If you want your old sent mail in your Gmail account's 'Sent' folder, simply forward the 'sent' mail to the Gmail account. Then you can move them from the Gmail inbox to the Gmail sent folder.
  8. Kantor

Kantor Member

Nope, it won't work. The fwded mail stays in the Sending folder of the initial account, without reaching the added Gmail account
    On the other hand, I'd need to do this for 2610 mails...
  9. Crashdamage

If you have everything setup property it *will* work.