Android is upgrading on every rebootSupport

1. johnjuston

johnjuston New Member

Hi everyone,

Ever since I upgraded the phone to 4.0.3, everytime I reboot the phone is says Android is upgrading, scans all my apps and then starts them. Also, it causes contacts to become unlinked with Facebook. I have to resync them every time. Otherwise the phone is great! Any ideas? It's more annoying than anything else.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Crispy222

Crispy222 New Member

Mine does the same. Standard feature of 4.0.3 maybe. I have not found any settings to change this. It would probably require a root/ROM to make it selectable in boot.
  3. bruce73

bruce73 Well-Known Member

It's a bug with ICS (or so I've read). Anyway there's no way around it, AFAIK. But agreed - - a PITA.
  4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

It's optimizing your applications. It's only supposed to do that after you wipe caches.

If its doing it everytime that's def a bug and not how ics is supposed to act
  5. typerk

typerk Member

I thought it was some new "feature" or something. I hate to have to reboot because it takes forever.
  6. shadowrink

shadowrink New Member

So is there really no way to fix this? if this is the case. after numerous issues I have with this stupid phone I completely regret giving up my iphone 4 and I'm about to throw away this stupid HTC and go back to apple.

I'm sick of having to constantly charge my cell battery several times througout the day. I lose 20% of my battery only talking on the phone for ten minutes. I would hardly lose 40% on the apple after 8 hours of using it as much as I would in 2 hours on the htc. This phone is a waste of time and money.

I hear people say it's the screen size causing the battery drain. bull! my ipad only lost 56% after not touching or charging for a week!
  7. Rxpert83

How often do you honestly reboot the device?

Your iPad doesn't have to power the radio.......
  8. shadowrink

shadowrink New Member

just about everyday, I have loading issues witg it sometimes rebooting fixes that or I have to turn it off to charge faster since it takes a long time to charge even with almost everything stopped.
  9. Rxpert83

Sounds like this device is just really buggy then. If you ate within your return period is check into a higher end option if available
  10. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

It is a new feature with the update. My daughter updated, and ever since then, it rescans every app upon restarting the phone.
  11. Rxpert83

This isn't in line with all the other ics devices though. It should only do it after wiping caches
  12. bruce73

"Feature" is a great spin though... Lol
  13. Masaker514

Masaker514 Member

I don't have that problem check in settings think you can run a quick boot if not mistaken.
  14. bruce73

If you're referring to "Fast Boot," it doesn't help.
  15. johnjuston

johnjuston New Member

I actually dont have to boot my phone too much, so I am just dealing with it. I actually still love the phone..As far as battery draining. I changed some display settings and am super vigilant about what's running. It's better but still at times sucks down the battery pretty quickly
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  16. mac55

mac55 Member

It is rebuilding your dalvoc cache. If it happens every boot something is wrong in the process. An app is hosed in regards to your dalvic cache.
  17. eduardog131

eduardog131 Well-Known Member

Hey, have you pushed anything to /system/app? Also, might be a problem with dalvik. If you've added any .apk that doesn't work, remove it. I got that every time and it would work if I removed that one .apk.