• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android lollipop - Has anyone gotten the OTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just so damn plain and pretty. Gotta love this new UI! But I thought we were getting a new SMS app? I still only have hangouts.

Screenshot_2014-11-18-18-04-55_zps73tkmugf.png

Upvote 0
Okay I don't understand here. I got the notification for the OTA and it won't install. I can download it. Once I download it, it reboots like it's supposed to. Then it asks if I want to install untrusted .zip. Then I get this:

"E: failed to verify whole-file signature" "E: signature verification failed" "installation aborted."

Then it asks if I want to fix the root and it boots back into 4.4.4.

Upvote 0
Okay I don't understand here. I got the notification for the OTA and it won't install. I can download it. Once I download it, it reboots like it's supposed to. Then it asks if I want to install untrusted .zip. Then I get this:

"E: failed to verify whole-file signature" "E: signature verification failed" "installation aborted."

Just an assumption here, is your device rooted ??

Upvote 0
I received a similar error when the zip attempted to install, and it kicked me into custom recovery. I rebooted back into 4.4.4 and I'm functioning normally. Now I'm getting the download prompt again, so I guess I'll try it again. I wish the error was more useful. Yes, I'm rooted.

Just an assumption here, is your device rooted ??

Upvote 0
I will get around to maybe installing this today, not that there is a rush, seems like some either love it or hate it, so I'll have to test it myself to see. I have been busy and also usually wait to hear and read feed back from others, I also wait a little incase a quick fix or update is posted a week later, so I have not been really been in a rush. I will try to get around to it today and give it a whirl and see. ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones