• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Market and h8 software

Rastaman-FB

Extreme Android User
Sep 11, 2009
UK
Ok i think there is an issue with this software as it was sourced from o2 germany
basically any UK apps that are paid for do not show up in the market.
i almost think that its blocking us apps aswell and only allowing apps that have been launched by EU.

its very odd but i know germans are strict about online content and so this flash may be why we can no longer see uk apps

i cant see ebuddy or the camera zoom thing on my H8 firmware and I am in the US. I cant get certain paid apps that I had before (ctabustracker) and I cant get Pandora which is a downer.

and you flashed it with the (via) firmware?
this could be because the firmware is custom to germany and so the market is restricted to what that country allows or what the developer has listed the software as.

we need to source and none region specific rom or get the versions for the correct areas.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones