• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Market: Are you getting Update Notifications?

Are you being notified when an Android Market app has an available update?

• Yes. I see the little 'Android shopping bag' icon in my status bar

Votes: 44 58.7%
  • No, I have to manually check the 'My Downloads' section of the Market

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • Other - Please explain below

Votes: 5 6.7%

• Total voters
Hello,

I've noticed that I'm not receiving notifications that apps I've downloaded from the Android Market have available updates. The user manual shows a little icon of an Android shopping bag in the 'Status Bar - Notification Icons' section (page 7), so I think something's wrong.

For example, just today I went into the Android Market to download a new app and upon checking 'My Downloads', I noticed seven apps that had updates available. At least four of these apps had been opened and used within the last hour, and still nothing was mentioned about the update. Is anyone else noticing the same?

EDIT: Apparently, this issue was first discovered back in June! If this is an issue on your phone, and I'm guessing it is, please post in the Google Support Page mentioned in that article. This needs to be fixed!

sleepy

lol , I use Atrackdog so I'm well up to date {Thankfully!} :D

I have an idea though , It could be the fact that people use task killers and in the process killing the Market ?? I think we should reboot our phones , Start the market then add it to the exclude just to see if that helps.

Another theory is , What if Google Has changed it so the Market checks every so many hours {but coincidentally we have already downloaded the update} ?

Carl C ;)

Upvote 0
sometimes i get notifications but more often than not i don't. i too was wondering if it was something with ATK (which yes, i have installed, not trying to start a debate about task killers)...but i added market to the ignore list and am still not getting any update notifications.

is there another component that needs to be added to the ignore list to make sure they come through? i have the htc incredible...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones