• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Market Issue

forced4

Jul 4, 2011
I don't know if this is due to the latest update, but I logged into the market today from my computer and it shows I have no apps in my history. When I go to apps that I have already downloaded and installed it asks me to install them as if I never did. I then used the phone to go to the market and when I went to the same app, I needed to update it. So, I thought that was it. It wasn't. I then looked up another app and it also needed to be updated, and a 3rd one that did not.
EDIT: The above portion has been resolved.

As a second note on this. In the past whenever I went to the market from the phone, it would automatically list all the apps that had updates waiting, and I had some set to automatically update. This is no longer happening.

Does anyone know why this would be and how I can restore this back to how it was?

my new market is acting up , cant update shit. I am really starting to have a problem with google ,verizon and others updating my phone without my permission. I dont like to be force fed all this bull****

Root and they will not be feeding you that BS you will find your own portions to eat via XDA, Rootzwiki, and our all things root section here :D

Upvote 0
unfortunaltly for me I am not tech savy, no clue on how to root , I have dont quite a bit of reading but just cant get it down.

I'm with you on this. I would love to root, I just don't understand it very well from reading. If I watched someone root a phone, I could follow and actually learn. Just how my mind works I guess.

Anyway, it seems that my Market started to work later in the day. The update Verizon sent 2 days ago reverted ALL my settings and then with the market being all wiggy, I guess I panicked. (why is there a "K" in panicked, but not in panic?)

Anyway... Other than the weird, VZW phone numbers locked into my simm card, it looks like everything is back to normal for me. I just wish I could delete those numbers. I never use em anyway, and it's more stuff in the list.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones