• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android new battery but half capacity.

petike0707

Lurker
Mar 4, 2023
I'm running the Mi 10T Pro on a custom ROM and I checked the config files with root file manager, and the phone only charges to 3300 mAh which is noticeable because it should charge to 5000 mAh. I just changed the battery to a new OEM one. I've tried custom ROM, brand new firmware.... Everything... still can't fix it though, please help!

What if you reflash to stock firmware?

Are you sure it is a genuine battery? I've personally been sold a supposedly OEM battery by a reputable store that turned out to be a fake. And do you know when the battery was manufactured? If it's "new" but actually spent the last 2 years in a warehouse it will have lost capacity.

Just speculating about possible explanations

Upvote 0
What if you reflash to stock firmware?

Are you sure it is a genuine battery? I've personally been sold a supposedly OEM battery by a reputable store that turned out to be a fake. And do you know when the battery was manufactured? If it's "new" but actually spent the last 2 years in a warehouse it will have lost capacity.

Just speculating about possible explanations
I'm currently out of town for a week but when I'm back I'll flash MIUI, I've actually thought about that as well. I don't know when they've manufactured the battery. Do I have any way of getting to know? But still losing 40% capacity is crazy. I'll report back if I may.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones