• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android OS draining too much battery?

Syyntax

Lurker
Jul 26, 2013
I have a problem with LG phones. I've had 4 LG phones and they all had the same problem.
Android OS Battery Usage is too high. 20-25%. Is that normal?
Sometimes after unplugging the phone Android OS went up to 60-80%.
I had to restart the phone to fix this problem, but almost everytime I unplugged the phone it went up to 60%.
I don't know why. And after restarting the phone Android OS stays at 20-25% which is probably still too high.
Right now I have the LG Aka. And this phone has the same problem, but it doesn't go up to 60%. This problem seems to be gone, but it's still draining 20-25%. The battery life isn't bad though. It lasts at least 2-3 days.

Oh and this problem seems to be an Android problem, because this problem only appears with Kikat 4.4.2
I had the same problem with my old LG G2 Mini and after updating to Lollipop 5.0.2 the problem was fixed.
But the LG Aka won't get the Lollipop Update. That's why I'd like to know if there's a way to fix the Android OS problem. Is this really an error? Or is it normal?

98f2950025.jpg

@Blu8 : As you can see.. you only have 5%

That means nothing when comparing different usage patterns. The percentage figure displayed is relative to the capacity used during the current discharge cycle, nothing more. Without figures for remaining charge vs time off-charge it's impossible to draw reliable conclusions, although 2-3 days from a single charge seems very good to me.

Reactions: Blu8
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones