• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android phone won't stop vibrating randomly

zlloyd1

Nov 18, 2020
I have an LG Android smartphone that keeps vibrating every couple of seconds even though all notifications have been turned off??
This is extremely frustrating since it's not trying to alert me of anything, and if it were that would be disabled.
Can somebody please explain this to me, and provide a fix that doesn't include resetting the phone, losing everything I have saved??
Thanks up front!!

If you truly have all notifications turned off or selected not to vibrate It sounds more like a hardware problem. I've never heard of a hardware problem causing excessive and repeated vibrations however. If you haven't installed something recently or had a system update it would leave very few other suspects. In cases such as yours. a reset is usually the first step in diagnosis of the problem. It is either system, apps, or hardware. I wish I had something to lend to correct your LG problems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones