• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Android, rooted, rom manager, custom rom -> broken

Hi!
I have been searching for the answer and I can't find it.
I have been following a guide that asks me to get:
-an lg united driver
-uptestex_mod2
-kdz_fw_upd_en
-windows enabler 1.1

I have been following all the steps, but two problems come about:
1- I bought my device in canada, apparently all kdz are by country and i cant find mine
2- I have tried 3 other programs that do the same thing as windows enabler 1.1 and not one of them has worked to enable the "factory reset" programs that otherwise require registration that would load my kdz

I can get my phone into emergency mode but not any other modes,
I have LG-P500h.

What can I do?

I also have linux on the computer I am posting from but when I tthought it would be easier and started searching how to fix the android device with linux all I found were guides to install linux on the device -_-

Please help.

what do u want to do exactly :?
Since installing the custom ROM through Rom Manager, I have not been able to do anything.
I am okay erasing everything or anything that needs to be done. An easy fix would be finding a program that simply enables me the factory reset kdz updater, because windows enabler didn't "enable" the greyed out buttons.

Upvote 0
First of all I'm curious what ROM have you flashed???
Also do you have custom recovery still installed???

If you do you can easily flash another (correct) ROM. More information would be nice to have (ex. what ROM did you flashed, CWM or AmonRa recovery,...).

EDIT: if you still have custom recovery installed, then your phone isn't broken

Upvote 0
First of all I'm curious what ROM have you flashed???
Also do you have custom recovery still installed???

If you do you can easily flash another (correct) ROM. More information would be nice to have (ex. what ROM did you flashed, CWM or AmonRa recovery,...).

EDIT: if you still have custom recovery installed, then your phone isn't broken
I am not 100% which Rom I flashed, It was one of the featured ones that showed up when I looked for one using the app "Rom Manager". I literally used program "Rom Manager" and clicked all the options that it gave before putting in custom rom, so it did save a backup, I can't exactly check for the details right now as looking through google for this would take more time than it is worth and my device is not available.

It's not permanently broken, I know that from googling, but it definitely "is broken" as I can't turn it on or even get it to register on the computer as a plugin device, nothing shows other than it's modem, which I disabled following the recovery guidelines.

How would I use the recovery?

http://androidforums.com/optimus-one-tips-tricks/410080-how-unbrick-your-lg-p500-optimus-one.html

I did this and am stuck at step 9 indefinitely since the updater DOES NOT work and any program like windows enabler that is supposed to make it work, does not.

Thank you for reply.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones