• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

When i connect LG L70 D325 to any computer it's just charging

m67

Lurker
Oct 29, 2015
Hi . My LG L70 D325 is working fine on it's official factory rom(KitKat) and it's on. but i have DBI Fatal Err problem so no download mode and i can't flash factory rom .
but when i connect it to any computer with windows 7 or windows 10 in MTP mode or other modes nothing appears in device manager or windows explorer .it just charge the phone. even when i turn of device and press volume up and connect it to computer i see fatal err but no drive show in explorer to fix it.. i have installed LG Mobile Drivers and LG PC Suite.
i enabled developer option but still not working.
i used to connect it to computer and it worked but recently it's not .
i tried many different usb cables . cables that work for other phones but not on my phone.
i tried it on two different laptops. on windows 7 and 10 and ubuntu.

Last edited:
Odd that it was fine previously but not now. Something obviously has changed. Could possibly be some random update to either your LG or your PC created some kind of USB glitch. That's in a way something out of your control so looking at what is, have you tried a different USB cable? If your PC has version 2.x and 3.x USB ports, have you tried using a different port? If you're plugging your LG into a USB hub, try plugging it directly into a USB port instead. And this is a bit of long shot but if you have other external USB devices plugged in try temporarily removing them (well, not your mouse or keyboard) just in case there's some kind of weird device driver conflict.
A more obvious suggestion, in case you haven't already, is of course be sure to restart both your PC and your LG.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Odd that it was fine previously but not now. Something obviously has changed. Could possibly be some random update to either your LG or your PC created some kind of USB glitch. That's in a way something out of your control so looking at what is, have you tried a different USB cable? If your PC has version 2.x and 3.x USB ports, have you tried using a different port? If you're plugging your LG into a USB hub, try plugging it directly into a USB port instead. And this is a bit of long shot but if you have other external USB devices plugged in try temporarily removing them (well, not your mouse or keyboard) just in case there's some kind of weird device driver conflict.
A more obvious suggestion, in case you haven't already, is of course be sure to restart both your PC and your LG.
Hi thanks for your response . i tried all of youe suggestions.and i tried on another laptop . i even installed windows 7 and tried it . even installed ubuntu!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Ok because you can't flash a custom rom without root which is what you stated when you say "flash a rom". You can try and flash a firmware update which is in a way a factory rom, but that's correct terminology.

Have you tried @svim 's suggestions?
hi sorry for my bad terminology . and thanks for your response. yes i tried svim's suggestions.
and yes i mean i want to flash factory rom. thanks again i edited my question

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hi sorry for my bad terminology . and thanks for your response. yes i tried svim's suggestions.
and yes i mean i want to flash factory rom.
so the phone works fine. where do you get the DBI fatal error?

also i would delete all lg stuff and start over. i found this website that might help:
https://lg-firmwares.com/how-to-flash/

Upvote 0
so the phone works fine. where do you get the DBI fatal error?

also i would delete all lg stuff and start over. i found this website that might help:
https://lg-firmwares.com/how-to-flash/
i get error when i turn off phone and hold volume up button and connect to computer.
the point is nothing appear on comuputer even the phone is on.

Upvote 0
i get error when i hold turn off phone and hold volume up button and connect to computer.
the point is nothing appear on comuputer even the phone is on.
yeah start over delete all lg drivers and programs on your pc or even try a fresh pc and download the necessary files, programs and drivers according to the guide i linked you to.

Upvote 0
yeah start over delete all lg drivers and programs on your pc or even try a fresh pc and download the necessary files, programs and drivers according to the guide i linked you to.
i tried deleting drivers. i tried my friend's laptop . i installed windows7 . tried on windows 7 and 10. even installed ubuntu and tried on it !. i downloaded all necessary files ,programs and drivers. LG Flash tools , LG Mobile Driver ,LG PC Suite.
i flash factory rom many times in past. i completely know the process. but now phone not appearing on pc to do that

Upvote 0
Keep in mind that a Factory Reset and flashing firmware are software-only solutions, they cannot solve hardware-based problems. Also stop wasting time trying different drivers and other such utilities, that's all software. And given you've tried different computers that are running completely different operating systems that's a dead end too. At this point, there's most likely to be some kind of USB-hardware related problem with your phone. Again, software can't fix that.

https://www.gsmarena.com/lg_l70_dual_d325-6101.php
It's an eight year old phone, really dated as far as smartphones in general so it is not too surprising if some internal component does fail. Although it could be something as simple as cleaning the metal contacts inside the USB port. There are two dedicated solely for data transfer and two dedicated solely for power transfer. In your instance perhaps one or both of the metal contacts for data have just built up some grimy corrosion over the years.
https://pinoutguide.com/PortableDevices/micro_usb_pinout.shtml
But a phone this old isn't going to remain functional forever so work on this as challenging project but don't get too fixated.

Upvote 0
Keep in mind that a Factory Reset and flashing firmware are software-only solutions, they cannot solve hardware-based problems. Also stop wasting time trying different drivers and other such utilities, that's all software. And given you've tried different computers that are running completely different operating systems that's a dead end too. At this point, there's most likely to be some kind of USB-hardware related problem with your phone. Again, software can't fix that.

https://www.gsmarena.com/lg_l70_dual_d325-6101.php
It's an eight year old phone, really dated as far as smartphones in general so it is not too surprising if some internal component does fail. Although it could be something as simple as cleaning the metal contacts inside the USB port. There are two dedicated solely for data transfer and two dedicated solely for power transfer. In your instance perhaps one or both of the metal contacts for data have just built up some grimy corrosion over the years.
https://pinoutguide.com/PortableDevices/micro_usb_pinout.shtml
But a phone this old isn't going to remain functional forever so work on this as challenging project but don't get too fixated.
Thanks . you are a legend. at this point i guess i have to give up .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones