• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android S3 stuck in headset mode

Love this phone. Only had it a couple of days but last night I unplugged the headset and the icon went away but I get now sound on the phone. I can still make calls but no ringer or any other of the animated sounds on the phone. I have rebooted, taken the batter out, put the jack in and out, even reset to factory, with still not joy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Don McDaniel

I wouldn't rely on that solution if I were you, I'd consider taking it in and getting it swapped.

I agree, sometimes its a fault with the connectors inside the headset socket that let the phone think there's still something in there.

Always worth taking it in and swapping it to avoid the overall headache it will cause in the future if you are a regular headphone user.

Reactions: donmcdaniel
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones