• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Tablet 7 inch 2.1 Eclair

leotzian

Lurker
Jan 24, 2011
Hi to all I am very new to Android.
I had ordered a tablet from China it is not very bad running Android 2.1 Eclair.
For several days waiting the device to arrive, I installed to my PC the SDK and I was running virtual devices to learn the operating system.
In all virtual devices there were a SD card, all the e-books and all the pdf files I was installing were in the virtual sd card, I had added some android market sites as applanet, and all the downloaded aplications were in the sd card, when I was installing the applications it was installed in the main memory (1GB) because of the limitations of the 2.1 operating system.
Now in my new tablet, programs like Repligo, aldiko, etc, doen't see the files were are in my SD card, but the system had installed in the root directory a directory /nand, and installes everything in it . It is as virtual SD, when I put the files in this directory it is all OK. My photos and the videos that are in the sd the galerry finds them ok.
To tell you an example to understand what I mean, when I use the OI File manager, when I press the blue icon of the sd card i am going to the /nand directory and not the sdcard directory.
I try to use Repligo for pdf reading, I have a lot of files in SD, but when I press to search for files it recieve file not found, if I copy the pdf files to the /nand directory, the software finds them all.
The same with the Aldiko reader, the Tablet forces Aldiko to install everything as the e-books, and import directory in the /nand directory and not the SD card.
Is there a solution to this problem? because there is no use of having a SD of 16Gb only for photos and videos, and all the other installed in the phones memory. ( And I tell you again not the applications but the files I add like ebooks and .apk files

Is there a solutions, or I do something wrong
Thanks in advance

Leonidas

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones