Android Terminal Emulator capitalizes the letter "i"

1. Jake Altman

Jake Altman Active Member

New to rooting but I've successfully done it to my Optimus M then to the Samsung Admire. I used Android Terminal Emulator to uninstall or delete the apps that came on the phone for the Optimus but when doing it on the Admire my main problem is whenever I put a lower case i it capitalizes itself so I'm stuck and would greatly appreciate help. Also, I tried deleting and re-installing Terminal Emulator, no luck. :(

Advertisement
    :
  2. KageBeast

KageBeast Well-Known Member

I'd you wanna delete apps use titanium Backup or root explorer
  3. Jake Altman

I've tried those but it says error and it can't uninstall or delete.
  4. qandres12

qandres12 Well-Known Member

I used the Android Terminal Emulator once and i had a the same issue but i could easily change the capitalizing with the keyboard. if you are rooted then you should be able to use TiBu to debloat, i didnt use it when i did though. look up Root Uninstaller
  5. engelsoto

engelsoto Member

good night

Somebody can help me?

the problem is as follows:
    was wanting to install a CFW on my Samsung SCH-R720 but it tore me to want to upgrade to 2.3.6 dierror me and now I get the Firmware upgrade screen Encountered .. Error please try again but no longer do.

some solution?

thanks for everything :confused::confused::confused:
  6. Jake Altman

I've tried root uninstaller, linux, titanium backup, super aToolbox, android terminal emulator, better terminal emulator, Astro manager, deleting it via usb connection, and a few other things I can't even remember. Is there a way to fix android terminal emulator? I deleted it and re-installed it, no luck. I type it in lower case but as soon as I hit the next letter it changes. Is it a lost cause?
  7. B198301

B198301 Well-Known Member

are you using the stock android keyboard. If not try that and turn off auto capitalize
    Jake Altman likes this.
  8. Jake Altman

Brilliant, I will try that right now. Get that and the dictionary so make sure it does what I want.
  9. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Hackers Keyboard is excellent with Terminal Emulator, btw.
  10. Qwerted

Qwerted New Member

Also in terminal emulator, (if u have swype) u can swype 'quit' so the i doesn't cap.
  11. nasstyrome

nasstyrome Well-Known Member

or you could just use adb ;)
  12. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon Guide

Moved to the root side as it is root related :)