• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I need help getting two no-longer-available Android games, each one with OBB files, to work via Android emulation

RexFesto

Mar 4, 2023
Having recently enjoyed the DC Snyderverse (Man Of Steel, BVS Dawn Of Justice, and ZS's Justice League) enough to declare it my Favorite Incarnation of DC in general, and being the gamer for life that I am, I wanted to obtain and play video games based on the trilogy. Unfortunately only one game exists for each movie, but at least they're all playable on Android. I'll have to use an Android emulator to play them though since they were designed for older version of the OS.

Right now I'm using Nox, because that's the only emulator that installed on my computer with no issues. The BVS Dawn Of Justice game was the easiest to install and play, so one of the games is already out of the way. It's Man Of Steel and Justice League VR that I need help with. I obtained both games' APKs and OBB files, successfully installed the APKs, and copied the OBB files to what I've been told is the correct place to put them (./Android/obb/). Neither game started up, even after starting the apps numerous times.

I really wanna be able to play these games, so can anyone here help me with getting them to run correctly? Did I just put something in the wrong place? Or do I need a different emulator? It'd be greatly appreciated...

All right I have an update:
Man Of Steel still refuses to start, but now Justice League VR actually does. However (probably since it's a VR game) it's split into two duplicate screens. It got to the game menu, where it says "Gaze to login".

Any help? I'm still using NoxPlayer for all this.

Upvote 0
I have another update:
I saw a YouTube video of a guy successfully playing Man Of Steel using Android 4.4 (KitKat). So I used Nox to create a new installation of Android 5 (that's the lowest Android version Nox currently supports), and tried running Man Of Steel that way. I tried starting it multiple times, most of the time the screen flashed white and the game crashed. BUT, some times it actually got to the copyright screen and past a few logos before crashing again.

So I made some progress, but again any help would be appreciated, especially if there's a way I can force Nox to create a installation using Android 4.4...

Upvote 0
Another update:
I finally got Man Of Steel to work in Nox with no issues. All that's left to be done is to figure out a way to merge the two screens in Justice League VR into one screen, and also how to simulate tilting the device so I can control the game. Once again, any help will be appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones