• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Playing a VR game in an Android emulator (specifically NoxPlayer)

RexFesto

Mar 4, 2023
I posted in a previous thread that I wanted to play the three DC Extended Universe Android games (Man Of Steel, Batman V Superman, and Justice League VR) via Nox emulator (the only Android emulator I'm able to use with no issues). I've gotten both Man Of Steel and Batman V Superman to work on there, thus the only one left to deal with is Justice League VR.

I'm able to install and get into the game. The window is split into two screens (because VR), but I can put up with that. What I need to be able to do is virtually move the device around, because that's how you control the game. For example, after the game starts and you're at the batcomputer, it says on the top left of the monitor to "Gaze To Login", then you tilt the phone/tablet until the dot in the center of the screen is within the orange login icon (I also tried this game on my real android phone. That's how I know what to do here.).

Nox normally lets you assign touchscreen/device actions to keyboard keys, but for some weird reason, it won't let me do that for this game. And nothing I do with my mouse seems to accomplish anything. I'd really like to get the game to work so I can complete the game series, so if any of you can help me with this I'd greatly appreciate it...

Update:
I tried Justice League VR on BlueStacks 5 to see if it would yield better results. The good side is that the screen is whole now, and not split into two duplicates, and that I was able to use keyboard mappings on the game which Nox wouldn't let me do. The bad side is that no matter what action I tried mapping, nothing would make the screen move.

Also, why isn't anyone helping me out here? That's what places like this are for. If you guys can't help me with this, at least point me towards a site/forum that can.

Upvote 0
Update:
I tried Justice League VR on BlueStacks 5 to see if it would yield better results. The good side is that the screen is whole now, and not split into two duplicates, and that I was able to use keyboard mappings on the game which Nox wouldn't let me do. The bad side is that no matter what action I tried mapping, nothing would make the screen move.

Also, why isn't anyone helping me out here? That's what places like this are for. If you guys can't help me with this, at least point me towards a site/forum that can.

Probably because nobody can provide a working solution, except maybe the original devs of those games? Compatibly problems like this might be fixed with updates, which would need to come from the original devs, or maybe the devs of the Android emulators.

Quite frankly what you've described, the only thing I can think of would be to play them on a legacy phone or tablet that supports these now discontinued games.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones