• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android tether to iMac, then share internet connection?

mad_jacket

Lurker
Sep 6, 2012
Hi all, I have a RazrMaxxx and I am using clockworkmod's tether to successfully tether my iMac with no problem....

But now I'm trying to use the iMac's "internet sharing" feature to share the tethered connection via Ethernet to another PC...but am not having any luck. (I can successfully share the internet connection when I'm connected to the internet over Wi-Fi-verizon hotspot, so I know the feature works). But I need to somehow configure the "share FROM" interface properly (it's not Wi-Fi, Ethernet, etc....no new interface pops up once I start running the tether app). Is it a virtual interface?

Does anyone know how to configure the "source"/"share from" interface? Is it the one that occasionally shows up as XT912, which I guess is my droid razr? I have even tried selecting the XT912 as the source for internet sharing, even verified that the XT912 connection is green/connected/has an ip address, all with no luck. I can successfully share my Wi-Fi connection when my iMac is connected through my Verizon hotspot, so I know the internet sharing works, I just can't get it to work to share the tethered connection (with, luck would have it, is my unlimited data connection).

Any help for this noob would be awesome! Thanks much.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones