• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Tv Box Flexiview FV-1

My FV-1 finally arrived!

2) Tried to connect a BlueTooth keyboard/trackpad combo (Rii) and even if I manage to pair, it just says "Paired but not connected" after pairing.

are we you sure it's not a fake ?
perhaps one a fake

Installation On your desktop:
- Insert Driver CD and open the CD from "my computer"
- Open Android folder and copy the "android.apk" file into your Android's memory card

On your Android Device:
- Open "fileManager" software and tap the MENU button
- Tap install from SD option
- Run android.apk file

The fish time you install the Bluetooth Keyboard Driver on your Android device, you'll see

Attachments

• Android.zip
    316.6 KB · Views: 199
Reactions: ZilverZurfarn
Upvote 0
My FV-1 finally arrived!

2) Tried to connect a BlueTooth keyboard/trackpad combo (Rii) and even if I manage to pair, it just says "Paired but not connected" after pairing.

are we you sure it's not a fake ?
perhaps one a fake
I look tonight to manipulation
The kbd works quite fine with Windows 7, and i actually managed to connect it to FV-1 using Teksoft's BlueInput. Even if I can hear keypress sounds from the FV-1 when I press a key on the kbd, no characters appear :(

Upvote 0
- Open Android folder and copy the "android.apk" file into your Android's memory card

On your Android Device:
- Open "fileManager" software and tap the MENU button
- Tap install from SD option
- Run android.apk file

The fish time you install the Bluetooth Keyboard Driver on your Android device, you'll see

Upvote 0
Sorry, I forgot to tell you After open "browers web" and press OK for a long time

you can choose the type of keyboard Android Or RII
Do you have pictures of the box and keyboard?
Thanks - I'll try that. Not at home atm, but come Sunday, I'll have plenty of time to tinker with this. I'd really like to have this work, as it's a nice kbd.

Upvote 0
I've got a mail from intelligent-pro (FV-1 ebay seller) telling me that the latest firmware can be downloaded and installed using the following links

Please download the new firmware and upgrade it for a try, please read the upgrading user guide carefully before you upgrading.

Firmware: http://yoomon.net/drivers/Flexiview/U110781_1108181_HW.osk
User Guide: http://yoomon.net/drivers/Flexiview/Android_TV_Firmware_upgrading_instruction.doc
Upgrading tools: http://yoomon.net/drivers/Flexiview/SDtool_v1.1A(1).rar

Upvote 0
My FV-1 arrived to home. I went to pick it to customs office, and could get it after paying u$s 30 in taxes.

As far I could notice:
- english lang as default
- wifi connected ok, wpa2
- market worked fine, got widgets, backgrounds, etc.
- twitter app crashes, facebook ok
- youtube, browser, etc. all working fine
- remote control/mouse EATs batteries
- gotta get some movies for testing, but first I prefer getting a wireless key/mouse because typing on this thing is a pain in the a**

7dQXF.jpg

3aV5G.jpg

Upvote 0
Reactions: interfreak
Upvote 0
I NEED HELP!!! I purchased the FV-1 back in March and I cannot get the WI-FI to work. Once I had the WI-FI connected then lost power and have never regained WI-FI access. I have tried everything I know how and reloaded update after update. The WI-FI continually turns on and off repeatedly and never picks up my connection no matter what my router settings are. Can anyone help? Does anyone know where the WI-FI programming is in the data folder and what I could fix? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Upvote 0
My first post here and i can not post links and pictures,
but i will try to explain my case!

I recently buy this (smart android 2.3 Google TV box) and the system is this:

Model number
TV-BOX

Android Version

Kernel Version

Build number
rk29_gingerbread_v1.28_0614

On boot up it says R-BOX
on first run there was not lot of programs so i installed most of them,
first problem was market, it crash every time i run it, even when i go with explorer to market i could not download nothing, then i find new market i think its 3.03 and everything work perfect now with market!
Now second problem is live wallpaper, i tried few and neither one work, it crash every time!
Next problem is Weather widgets it work but i cannot load the city or region, so there is nothing....
LCD density not work, it crush every time!
And the last one, i can not root it, i try with latest z4root, it work and at the end it closed itself (crush)

So that is what i run to, if anybody can help please you are welcome :D

Upvote 0
These specs make me believe it's not a Flexiview FV-1 at all...
rk_29 looks like it's a RockChip device of some kind - Perhaps this?

No it is not, the box is smaller then flexi, the remote is smaller to and not very much usable and comfortable, i attach wireless mouse to it!

I heard that the Gingerbread can not be rooted, is that right?

yes it is Rockchip rk2918

Upvote 0
I heard that the Gingerbread can not be rooted, is that right?
No, wrong. If it's possible to root or not has nothing to do with Android version. (I have a rooted 2.3 phone) Anything is rootable - It's just a matter of someone proficient (and interested) enough gets his/her hands on the device and starts looking into the matter.

Reactions: Jug
Upvote 0
No, wrong. If it's possible to root or not has nothing to do with Android version. (I have a rooted 2.3 phone) Anything is rootable - It's just a matter of someone proficient (and interested) enough gets his/her hands on the device and starts looking into the matter.

Thanks for reply Zilver
Can you please give me the link or suggestion for rooting this box, maybe another root tools :eek:

Upvote 0
Thanks for reply Zilver
Can you please give me the link or suggestion for rooting this box, maybe another root tools :eek:
No, sorry. I'm not that proficient. I've never trusted "one click" root tools, but for FV-1, z4root acually worked fine (once I understood I had to install SuperUser too). Who knows - Your device may for all we know allow root access. Have you tried SuperUser, and su from terminal?

Upvote 0
Ah - That's the BlueInput from TekSoft I already tried (and actually found worked, once I selected BlueInput in the Language and keyboard setings). But I'll try this one too, as the track pad still doesn't work.

Upvote 0
No, sorry. I'm not that proficient. I've never trusted "one click" root tools, but for FV-1, z4root acually worked fine (once I understood I had to install SuperUser too). Who knows - Your device may for all we know allow root access. Have you tried SuperUser, and su from terminal?

Yes i installed Superuser and when i run it it download new su to sd card in zip, what i need to do with it, i need to boot in recovery mode, how i do that? :thinking:
sorry i read all this post from first page and i am not some expert but i follow all your posts and i do most of what you guys described here :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones