• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android update 12/10/09 - issues? (on Motorola droid)

I'm loving the new update. Unlock screen isn't a big issue with me I like both. My phones been running a lot smoother and faster(Never really was that slow before so it's saying something) but the biggest improvement I have seen is the battery life. I take my phone off the charger around 7:30am and usually by about 6pm have to put it on the charger after a lot of texting and random internet and market usage. Usually by about Noon im down to 60% so far its about 11 now and still up at 90% with no difference in usage. Anyone else seeing a difference in battery life similar to this?

I noticed a huge difference in battery life..loved it. I am usually starting at 7:30 in the morning and down to 15% by 5:00 or so, sometimes having to throw on the charger sooner than that on a busy day. Today am still running at 40% and have been going for 12hrs now!! This is how it should be!!

Upvote 0
When i did the update last night, it was working perfect!

But this morning it kept turning off on it's own!!! It even turned off while I was on a call! WTF:thinking:

So i powered down & back up, it doesnt do that anymore.

then, Another Problem came up. When reciieving a call, it doesnt let me answer it! I keep swiping my finger to answer and it wont work. I would have to press the power button at the top to black the screen out & press it again, then swipe my finger and i can answer it.

I hope it doesnt go any more down hill from here *tears*

Upvote 0
I find it odd that some people are having lots of problems while others are having none.

As far as the contacts, when I did the update it appeared as though all of mine were gone but over time they came back - I guess they just had to resync.

As a matter of policy you should always have a backup regardless. Mine are in gmail and a csv file - just in case :)

Upvote 0
I installed the update on my eris and I am having problems. When I tap on phone, I get a message stating "Sorry! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force close". So, now that I have this update installed I can't use my phone as a phone?!?!?!?! Is anyone else having this problem?

I am going to start a new thread with this problem. I noticed this one is for the droid.

Upvote 0
I did the update to 2.0.1, and now my Favorites includes all of my contacts. Before the update, it seemed to automatically add favorites when I used a contact, and the sort order appeared to be based on highest call volume at the top. That was a useful feature for me. Now, it's just a copy of my contacts list in alpha order, so no real value.

All of my contacts are synced from Gmail.

Anyone else having this problem?

Any solutions?

Upvote 0
I realized today that my backgammon lite install disappeared. Again no big deal because it was free..... but I'd be PISSED if I lost an app I paid for!

This might interest you:
Missing purchased applications after firmware upgrade - Android Market Help

In particular, from one of the last comments on that page:

Just a heads up: I've started a sister thread over at the Motorola support forum concerning MotoDroids with this issue. Please post your experiences over there so we can keep the thread floating until Monday when someone will hopefully respond.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/20004?tstart=30

Upvote 0
I'm having positive and negetive effects.

Positive: I haven't had any lockups which I had before with Meebo IM.

Negative: I'm having lockups with Doliphin

Negative: The screen comes up much slower when I hit the lock button on the top to bring up the pattern display to unlock the screen. The nine unlock circles are overlapping in the middle of the screen. Once I unlock, there's more drag until my desktop comes up.

Upvote 0
My Video did not work and the camera was improved. Took the battery out several times, held the pwr button down for 5 sec and reinserted the batt. Most of my problems were eliminated except I have NO ZOOM on the video camera anymore. Tried to zoom in and it would not show a zoom function. Any suggestions? Its an adventure for sure. Every phone has its prob, there are no perfect phones. One major glitch is that is is not good if you have to make calls in cold weather. The phone does not work at all with cold hands. Can not dial, open a screen or search. So do NOT get stranded with this. Scary stuff

Upvote 0
I received my update a few days ago and I am thoroughly enjoying the smoother operation, battery life, and camera speed. I haven't had any new major issues with the update however some old ones persist (rotating the home screen, echo on the other end of the line). The home screen I can deal with. The echo would require a zen like state to ignore.

AdmBmb- to fix gallery (and I assume any native app): delete from homescreen and drag a new gallery link from apps menu.

The home screen seemed to stop rotating for me after I installed, and promptly uninstalled, Rock Band (which blocks the screen from rotating in-game).
Maybe some of the problems that people are having are related to the apps that have been downloaded? A comparison of apps might be in order for those with issues.

Upvote 0
I ended up removing all of my favorites and the resulting list was all of my most called contacts sorted by most called.

I don't think this is the best solution as it has totally negated the purpose for favorites, however, it gets the contact list back to the way I liked it.

For each favorites, I did the following: Contacts->Favorites tab, press and hold each favorite and select "Remove from Favorites".

I created a bug report for this issue in the Android bug tracker: Issue 5470 - android - Droid 2.0.1 - Contact Favorites tab no longer sorts by most called - Project Hosting on Google Code

Upvote 0
Since getting 2.0.1 my Droid seems to periodically stop responding. I can unlock it (pattern lock screen) but then the home screen (Panda Home) doesn't respond to taps, not even a swipe down of the notification bar.

When it gets into this state, I have to power off/reboot the phone. Sometimes I have to pull the battery because even the power off doesn't respond.

Today my car twice reported that it couldn't make a bluetooth connection to the phone when I turned the car on. After the 2nd time when I unlocked the phone I found it was again in this non-responsive state and was quite warm as well. After I pulled the battery and rebooted the phone it resumed properly connecting to my car.

Prior to the 2.0.1 update I never had any of these kinds of issues. They started within a day of the 2.0.1 update being pushed to my phone.

Upvote 0
I got my Droid on the 13th with 2.0.1 downloading on the way home.

I tried for the first time to use the voice dialing today...Voice search calling / dialing does not work.

I have checked and rechecked my settings, even limited the search settings to contacts only. All the phone does with the voice search is a google web search after pressing one of the search suggestions.

The voice calling app/icon does work.

Still learning about the phone, and trying different apps and features. So far the voice search dialing is my only issue, and that to me is a HUGE one.

Motorola tech support contacted on this and I will update when I get a reply.

Received reply - Basically quoted the instructions from the manual. Responded with basically "It still no worky" with the two voice search options, only voice dialing.

Online Chat - Suggested solution was power cycle, then if that does not work, do a factory reset. Need to make a list of apps and make a back up first.

Upvote 0
Sticks
Voice dialing icon never dials out unless asked to. But the Voice Search will dial nicely with an exact name from your contacts, maybe 50% of the time. The first time i tried, it was dead on every time all day. Now just hit and miss. Hopefully soon it will be corrected. I did find a very good speed dialer called QuickDial by BK Mobility. I can't remember if it was free or not.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones