• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Update to 2.3

dnig

Lurker
May 11, 2011
One of my colleagues in work told me he received a notification over the weekend to upgrade his HTC Desire HD to 2.3. Strangely I did not receive the notification (both corporate phones). I went into Settings - About Phone - System Software Update and then tapped the "Check Now". Indeed the phone found the update and asked to download it. After the download was complete I initiated the update process, the phone restarted itself and appeared to start the updating, but after a few seconds a red question mark appeaed above the phone it restarted itself without updating.

The phone is relatively new so I did a factory reset and retried but got the same result.

Anybody have any ideas?

same with me, only the phone did not restart by itself so I waited for an hour before I had the nerve to restart it myself. it is back to 2.2 for me..

Couldn't post or PM how you do that could you? :rolleyes: My Desire HD is hosed after trying VodaFone Gingerbread Update. Tried Recovery, Factory Reset, and deleting SD data. Still the same result every time; boots to white screen with HTC logo and no futher. Might try reapplying update.zip now I've deleted my data, but it won't be long before the battery cover no longer fits at his rate :(

TIA

Upvote 0
Still no luck. Here's a couple of screenshots of the update process:

I get to this screen, which looks like it's updating.

IMAG0012.jpg

But then this screen appears.

IMAG0013.jpg

The phone then restarts to the original OS. :thinking:
Vodafone are now telling me to get it sent back to Vodafone corporate returns to get the memory flashed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones