1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

android upgradeSupport

1. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Hello
    Which newer android version can i install and how?
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. RetiredCPO

RetiredCPO Member

3. RetiredCPO

RetiredCPO Member

I just used this process earlier today and it worked like a champ. I was updated and up and running within 30 minutes.
  4. reader

reader Well-Known Member

u updated what?

i want to update from Android 2.3 that my phone runs, to the latest android version

i know that Kies is a way to manage your phone via your pc, i run it now and i dont see any "update" button
  5. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Please tell me how to upgrade!
  6. Howard Hopkinson

Howard Hopkinson Well-Known Member

You can either check for updates via Kies as posted above, or you can check via OTA(over the air). To check via OTA click settings/about phone/software update/update. Make sure you have your wifi turned on.
  7. reader

reader Well-Known Member

i 've already done this

it says there is no update available, but my android is Gingerbread

that means i cannot run later android on that phone?
  8. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

Did you check in Kies? Sometimes an update will only show in kies and not OTA.

What's your version number under Settings > About device > Android version?

What country are you in and what country did you buy the phone in?
  9. newbie4

newbie4 Well-Known Member

heard we will get 4.1.2 where is it will we get better battery than 4.0.4? I would like to charge the phone once a week not using any data connections but heavy wifi.
  10. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

I'm using one of the 4.1.2 leaks and I'd say battery life is comparable. If you only want to charge once a week you'll need to buy a bigger battery.