• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Androids General Sucky SMS

cubebuddha

Jun 10, 2010
Has anyone noticed that the whole Android platform, no matter what version or SMS app you use, sucks. Not the experience of reading or replying but things like SMS appearing in the wrong order and sometimes just not coming at all.

But the most annoying thing is that no matter how hard I try Android wont delete a large tread of messages. It freezes up my phone, Force Closes the SMS app and then the Home screens are laggy and just down right ******ed until I soft reboot. Im growing extremely tired of this and its something that makes me think about getting an iPhone, Pre, or BB device.

I think one big problem is, it sorts the SMS messages by the minute... which doesn't work well if multiple messages arrive in one minute.

I also have big problems with my phone not sending messages due to "no network available" when I have at least 1 bar. THEN, instead of just automatically reconnecting to TMO and sending the message, my phone will pop up a list of networks (including AT&T, Verizon and Sprint as well as TMO) and ask me like some electronic ****** what cell network I subscribe to. As if this has changed.

And yet, ironically, it doesn't seem to find my WiFi network and send the messages that way... a feature my previous 3 Samsung phones were great with.

Upvote 0
Has anyone noticed that the whole Android platform, no matter what version or SMS app you use, sucks. Not the experience of reading or replying but things like SMS appearing in the wrong order and sometimes just not coming at all.

But the most annoying thing is that no matter how hard I try Android wont delete a large tread of messages. It freezes up my phone, Force Closes the SMS app and then the Home screens are laggy and just down right ******ed until I soft reboot.
Nope. None of those problems here. You've used multiple Android devices all with the same results?

Upvote 0
ive been on the Nexus One since january and i cant say i have had any real issues with my sms mewssenging. the only thing thats a bit off is every so often when i click on the type bar it wont bring hte keybord up, i have to go back a screen then come back, but other then that no missed messgaes ever.

Upvote 0
just in general, maybe try deleting your 1500 sms in batches.

i've tried to do similar on my previous nokia phone (3000+ sms) and it froze up pretty badly. i try to do them in batches of no more than 100.

i think it's more the actual act of deleting so many messages that makes messaging applications (across the board) hang for a period of time.

Upvote 0
i feel your frustration but at the same time dont quite understand it. 1500 sms saved? i do at least 3000 sms a month but have no inclination on going back and reading them. if its a problem perhaps the solution is to have them deleted after a certain number. say 1000. i am pretty sure handcent has that option.

good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones