• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Angry Birds: Not found in Market and Can't install

EebamXela

Lurker
Oct 18, 2010
Please help!

I'm trying to install angry birds on my Galaxy S. I've found several methods and none of them have worked. The android market does not even list the game in search results. I've tried scanning the barcode from the distributor and that doesn't work either.

I made a video to show you what I mean.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPSv3aSXP5g

I don't even want to play the ****in game anymore. This is just pissing me off that I am unable to.

I would say try this link, but since you have AT&T, you wouldn't be able to install non-market apk's. I think there's a workaround that though, however, I'm not too familiar with AT&T.

One thing that could possibly work is the following:
AppBrain Web Installer

With the AppBrain Angry Birds Game

EDIT: I just watched the whole video, interesting, looks like you've done everything suggested. Damn.

EDIT 2: Double check the Fast Web Installer from AppBrain that I linked to, I don't think it's the same as the "Fast Installer" that you've tried, so try giving it a shot.

Upvote 0
AS OF monday eve

Angry birds seems to have some angry droiders! Take a look at the blog at Rivio, masses of problems with finding / loading / running it. Wildfire is supposed to fix by locking phone then unlocking... not on mine it didn't!

The list of supported phones is wildly wrong, I think the Desire seems to work, but that's it (from memory - mine not the phone!) Certainly galaxy and wildfire don't seem to.

I read elsewhere here that Getjar would have it for 24 hours then it would go to market... not correct. Not found on market 5 mins ago (UK Vodafone)

Save your time and energy and wait for the fix(s), there's going to be a few coming!

FUBAR! huge FUBAR :(

Upvote 0
This happened to a friend of mine. He came over and saw me playing it on my EVO and wanted to download it too. He has a Motorola Cliq phone and no matter what we tried... it didn't show up in the market on his phone, he tried Appbrain, and I emailed him the .apk file it just wouldn't install. We googled and saw others with the same issues too ... they were saying that its not compatible with his phone right now and it maybe has something to do with it being still in beta.

Upvote 0
You need to do what Psykopat said:

Settings> Applications> Allow unknown sources <------ Something like that, I have Swedish language on my phone, but i think its correct. Done!

If that doesn't work, then congratulations AT&T has messed with your phone and you can blame them.

P.S. Get rid of the advanced task killer...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones