• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Another noob question about flashing roms

if i wanted to flash back to stock rom, would i have to download the package, put it on my sd card, boot my phone into recovery and do it manually?
Or can i use the backup i did with clockworkmod rom manager? (I have the lite version)

You could download the Stock ROM and flash that way but it would probably be easier just to restore your backup. Not sure if you can flash your backup with ROM Manager Lite but you can boot into recovery and go to backup/restore and flash that way.

Reactions: Enraged21
Upvote 0
thank you.
after putting the custom rom on my sd card, i'm not sure if i want to delete it, cause i might want to go back to here. I did a nandroid on this custom rom so I'm backed up.
If i wanted to flash back to stock rom, i would have to place the file in my sd card... so I would have to delete the custom rom file from there, cause I don't have that much space. Instead of doing all that I just wanted to know if I can flash back and forth with rom manager.
This is why I ask.
Thank you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones