• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Another Tab 7 Plus or a new tablet?

TwinsMomVA

Nov 29, 2010
So I LOVE my Tab 7 Plus, specs are great, ICS, fits in my hand, does everything I need. So much so that I'm wondering I'd I should pick another one up in Ebay just in case mine takes a dive.

Is there anything out there or coming soon that surpasses it in specs? Has to be 7" but that's my only requirement.

Thanks

Well the Nexus 7 is physically almost the same tablet. So much that if you removed the branding it is hard to tell them apart. You trade off the IR port, camera, MHL HDMI output and SD card for a higher rez screen, current Android updates and faster CPU. The screen is nice, but the CPU won't do much unless you play games. People also seem to complain a bit about some of the updates that they include bugs sometimes.

The Galaxy Tab 3 7" is in the pipeline, but obviously you can expect to pay around $300-$400 at launch and accessories will be high too. Might be better to hold off and sell the 7 Plus when the 3 launches, then you have about the same in upgrading as in buying a new 7 Plus.

Other than that there really are very few full-featured and quality 7" tabs.

Reactions: TwinsMomVA
Upvote 0
I have a 7.0 plus and a note 8. Love the note 8. Its amazing. Now with that said the plus is a great tablet. I am kind of wanting to update the plus to the new 7 tab 3 just because of the standard micro usb plug instead of old 30 pin plug. Also l want the all share cast feature (I have samsung tvs too) its hard to upgrade the tablet when its been flawless. It runs perfectly and never a hiccup in the last year and a half.

Upvote 0
I have a 7.0 plus and a note 8. Love the note 8. Its amazing. Now with that said the plus is a great tablet. I am kind of wanting to update the plus to the new 7 tab 3 just because of the standard micro usb plug instead of old 30 pin plug. Also l want the all share cast feature (I have samsung tvs too) its hard to upgrade the tablet when its been flawless. It runs perfectly and never a hiccup in the last year and a half.

The great thing about the Plus is that it's got better hardware than the Tab 2 and about the same as the Tab 3. The only difference being the standard port and the hardware design. But sadly the plus is nearing the end of its update cycle, so unless you're looking for something quality but cheaper, get a Tab 3 at this point.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones