• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any chance of getting tapatalk back? /Discuss!

jbuck1984

Android Enthusiast
Apr 25, 2010
I really hope that we the forums can have access to tapatalk again. Their have been multiple updates to the security flaws since access has been taken away and I feel a review of the app is warranted. I really hope that the motivations of phandroid/android forums was not to remove the service only to obtain market share from your upcoming application. (Which I am truly excited about). This being an Android Forum, and we being Android users, I would think that open source and open options would be the only way Android Forums operates.

I'm looking forward to discussion on this topic, from the site admin, and from users alike.

I really disagree with not adding support to one of the top apps in Android. Instead of just pulling service they should be working with Tapatalk. Not very Android community like.

And I fully support an app for android forums, and would probably switch, but the fact that there isn't an option is a little dumbfounding to me.

Edit:I found the other post where all the mods have responded. I can understand they don't want to comment again, however it is still something I urge AF to reconsider. It's not about the $$ its about staying true to the android community.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones