• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any chance Thunderbolt will support NFC?

mjmfilms

Lurker
Jan 20, 2011
Hey all,

First time poster here. I'm in love with the Thunderbolt but am worried I'll buy it and one year later, the whole world will have Near Field Communication (NFC.)

Any thoughts? Is it possible that they haven't announced this yet, or is it definitely not in there?

Hey all,

First time poster here. I'm in love with the Thunderbolt but am worried I'll buy it and one year later, the whole world will have Near Field Communication (NFC.)

Any thoughts? Is it possible that they haven't announced this yet, or is it definitely not in there?

Nothing has pointed to the Thunderbolt having NFC. This function relies on a specific piece of hardware, so if it does not have it on release, it will not get it later. The new Samsung phone for Verizon may have it, and I think the LG Revolution will as well (along with Wi-Di). Not sure if Bionic will.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones