Any foyo keyboards with speech to text?

Last Updated:

1. photoculture

photoculture Member This Topic's Starter

Froyo is great but I need my speech to text button on my keyboard... or at least I need to know how to access it. Can anyone give me some info on this?

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Hmm mines there. I dont know why yours isnt. Are you using the stock keyboard?

3. photoculture

photoculture Member This Topic's Starter

Im using stock but it has a "change language" button which is pointless.

4. fitforlife

fitforlife Member

I use Vlingo for speach to text. It's been working on Android phones for a long time. It's worth every penny and works perfectly with 2.2.

5. teky

teky Well-Known Member

This popped up last week for some people when they did the manual unofficial upgrade. As far as I remember, the fix was to do a hard reset. It's in one of those threads for the 'unofficial' upgrade, but I can't find it at the moment.

6. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Yep - it hit me, Settings->Storage & SD card ->Factory reset was the only option to get it back.

But first - go into Settings->Language & keyboard, go into the lower menu, look for international, turn off all but English.

Definitely see also:

http://androidforums.com/support-troubleshooting-evo-4g/140632-so-heres-my-problems-2-2-help-fix.html

In addition - I think you'll find that once you have something as basic as the keyboard messed up, there's no telling how whacked things really are under the hood - so - factory reset.

BTW - welcome to the forum!

7. tropicalsuns

tropicalsuns Member

We too lost our speech to text icon on the keyboard on one of our EVO's after 2.2 upgrade on an all stock phone.

Regained it only after full reset after backup.