• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

any Hockey fans?

ok Labia (suited name) bet.... winner of the series sends other a T-Shirt of their home team.

and yeah we enjoyed SWEEPING our first round opponent. how many games did it take you? any OT involved? geeze.

and dont you dare comment IF 1 game was won/lost..... true sign of a newb fan (chicago as a whole) that you don't talk until the series is over.

i just hope we dont see this:
divelessons.jpg

ps. this is how i envision everybody else

11uvpr4.jpg

Upvote 0
sharks could barely beat a kopitarless kings.. and now with zetts back..

Nash over van in 6
Wings over sharks in 5
Caps over tampa in 6
Boston over philly in 7

Took the words right out of my mouth....I was saying Boston in 6.

Zetterberg will definitely add some to the series.

FYI I read a nice article about dats and why he did those crazy shots between legs in round 1.

"Ahead of him stood Phoenix goalie Ilya Bryzgalov, a countryman who had seen virtually all of Datsyuk's bag of tricks. "He knows my moves very well," says Datsyuk, a Russian teammate of Bryzgalov's at three Olympics, "so I wanted to shock him."

Here is link to article

Upvote 0
The Sharks-Wings should be the best series of the second round. Just watched the Canucks beat the Preds 1-0. Should be the lowest scoring series this round.

That series is tough to call. While the Nucks have a good team, I dont think Lou can hold up in the long run against Rinne. I just think hes more of a solid goalie than Lou ever will be. I really think the Preds will win that one in 7.

Upvote 0
are you kidding? are you a real fan, or someone who trolls the local team when they're playing well.

*if u were a hockey fan at all, you would be embarrassed by what happened last night. yeah my team was beat, i'm ok with that. but the manner in which your team did so was pathetic at best!!!!! and yeah, clears did get hit at center, sweet gif. it happens in every game. we knock you down, you knock us down. want me to make a sweet gif of Pavelski WHIFFING hard, crashing into the boards and falling over? looked like a complete tool.

just pissed your team had to revert to such tactics as DIVING and EMBELLISHING calls and was rewarded for it.

talk all the smack you want, but after last night, i could care less about the series... the NHL looks like the MLS thanks to you!

Reactions: gobluejd
Upvote 0
are you kidding? are you a real fan, or someone who trolls the local team when they're playing well.

*if u were a hockey fan at all, you would be embarrassed by what happened last night. yeah my team was beat, i'm ok with that. but the manner in which your team did so was pathetic at best!!!!! and yeah, clears did get hit at center, sweet gif. it happens in every game. we knock you down, you knock us down. want me to make a sweet gif of Pavelski WHIFFING hard, crashing into the boards and falling over? looked like a complete tool.

just pissed your team had to revert to such tactics as DIVING and EMBELLISHING calls and was rewarded for it.

talk all the smack you want, but after last night, i could care less about the series... the NHL looks like the MLS thanks to you!

Lulz. Need another tissue dude? If it was the other way around youd have nothing to say. Go back to your cave kid. lol. Im done with you. Its fans like you that create hatred for teams in general. Just like 90% of Philly sports fans are crazy, the same can be said for how idiotic 90% of deadwings fans are. Redwings fans are synonymous with one thing. Pathetic. Youre almost as bad as a "Yankee Fan" hahahaha.

Upvote 0
envy.......

like it has said before, when you win something, you're allowed to talk. if you were a fan of the sport you would be embarrassed with that win. i am fine that we lost. it a part of sports. but to lose in the manner we did..... YOU should be embarrassed with your teams performance! it's simple. would you care for the NHL if everybody starting diving and pulling the shenanigans you guys did?

phone talk it is.......

Upvote 0
Hey I know this can get out hand quick. just a reminder to keep things cool.

Now that being said.....

Red Wings continue to have the best recruiting. This is KNOWN around the NHL. To say they are dead/over whatever is absolutely absurd. This means you are closed minded when it comes to the NHL as a whole. I am NOT being rude, you can hate the Red Wings all you want, but the fact remains they are one of the most successful franchises for a reason. They produce whether it is the cup, trophies, records etc.

Here is a little side note. We all know that the Blackhawks ran into a little salary cap issue. How did the team help? They didn't, they young ones wanted to KEEP the money they "deserved" for winning the cup.

Right before the Red Wings won the last cup, they wanted to keep their "core", but faced similar money issues to stay within the cap. What did the TEAM do? Funny, I will tell you. The big money makers RENEGOTIATED their contracts and about 10 of them GAVE MONEY from their salary to keep the CORE together. They went on to win the cup that year.

Let's face it, the Sharks could win against Detroit, I mean look at how far Chicago made it (did you see the supposed goal late in the season by Hossa?????? Please) I think this may go to a game 7.

I am a HARD CORE fan, grew up in Detroit, was best friends with Darien Hatcher in High School (hell my buddies run his bar Hatchy's back in Detroit) but I can watch a game and say....We did not deserve to win that game, even in the Playoffs. But the game the other night, Sharks played like crap and had more piss pour acting than Days of Our Lives.......This series will be interesting, and could go either way but when Zetts and Mule get back into the grove watch out.....just hope it is not too late....

Upvote 0
Hey I know this can get out hand quick. just a reminder to keep things cool.

Now that being said.....

Red Wings continue to have the best recruiting. This is KNOWN around the NHL. To say they are dead/over whatever is absolutely absurd. This means you are closed minded when it comes to the NHL as a whole. I am NOT being rude, you can hate the Red Wings all you want, but the fact remains they are one of the most successful franchises for a reason. They produce whether it is the cup, trophies, records etc.

Here is a little side note. We all know that the Blackhawks ran into a little salary cap issue. How did the team help? They didn't, they young ones wanted to KEEP the money they "deserved" for winning the cup.

Right before the Red Wings won the last cup, they wanted to keep their "core", but faced similar money issues to stay within the cap. What did the TEAM do? Funny, I will tell you. The big money makers RENEGOTIATED their contracts and about 10 of them GAVE MONEY from their salary to keep the CORE together. They went on to win the cup that year.

Let's face it, the Sharks could win against Detroit, I mean look at how far Chicago made it (did you see the supposed goal late in the season by Hossa?????? Please) I think this may go to a game 7.

I am a HARD CORE fan, grew up in Detroit, was best friends with Darien Hatcher in High School (hell my buddies run his bar Hatchy's back in Detroit) but I can watch a game and say....We did not deserve to win that game, even in the Playoffs. But the game the other night, Sharks played like crap and had more piss pour acting than Days of Our Lives.......This series will be interesting, and could go either way but when Zetts and Mule get back into the grove watch out.....just hope it is not too late....

Cry less please.

Upvote 0
hah, lab ur showing ur age and knowledge.... its not crying. its hockey knowledge. when you grow up in Hockeytown, u learn to appreciate the sport.

watching other series makes you appreciate what we have in Detroit. the Montreal Boston series was a JOKE. just flipping the puck here and there. ick!

The Vancouver series seems like its turning out well.

It's crying when a penalty, good or bad, keeps being brought up. They got out played 5 on 5. Simple as that. The power play was irrelevant. They didn't even score on it. You don't see me continually bringing up the bs second penalty for roughing do you? No.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones