• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any one check out that pancake 0.1 ROM?

Some of you might have ran into issues with the previous file I had uploaded. I made some changes when signing the file, it should now work with no problems with flashing.

I made some modifications to the pancake...File is flashable

First of all...I want to thank bikcmp over at XDA for answering the questions I had. I tested this to make sure it worked properly. Now onto what I included in my signed zip file

Removed Apps/Widget

Music Widget
Stock and Widget
Twitter & Widget
DCSSTock
Footprints & Widget
Ringtone Trimmer
Sound Recorder
IM
Sprint Navigation
Teeter
Voice Dialer
Android File Browser
Spare Parts (Install from market so that way you can check when updates are available)

Installed Apps/Themes/Mods

Clear Keyboard
Clear Lock-screen
Espresso Black
Nexus One boot-screen
Wireless Tether
TeleveNav GPS Navigator (Same as sprint but works faster)
SuperUser Permisions
lowmemorykiller is set to 1536,3072,4096,21000,23000,25000

Note: Make sure to wipe before flashing file

CMV01.zip

Upvote 0
Some of you might have ran into issues with the previous file I had uploaded. I made some changes when signing the file, it should now work with no problems with flashing.

I made some modifications to the pancake...File is flashable

First of all...I want to thank bikcmp over at XDA for answering the questions I had. I tested this to make sure it worked properly. Now onto what I included in my signed zip file

Removed Apps/Widget

Music Widget
Stock and Widget
Twitter & Widget
DCSSTock
Footprints & Widget
Ringtone Trimmer
Sound Recorder
IM
Sprint Navigation
Teeter
Voice Dialer
Android File Browser
Spare Parts (Install from market so that way you can check when updates are available)

Installed Apps/Themes/Mods

Clear Keyboard
Clear Lock-screen
Espresso Black
Nexus One boot-screen
Wireless Tether
SuperUser Permisions

Note: Make sure to wipe before flashing file

CMV01.zip

you can flog me later for asking this... but this zip file has the settings above (IE those apps are already uninstalled, and the ones listed are installed)

And as far as doing a wipe... wipe as in RUU and re-root? or the built in sprint system wipe? or in the root menu?

Sorry... but just want to be 100% certain... thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
Ok last night I followed the direction from here [GUIDE] How to customize a ROM created my self a ROM from Pancake ROM. I removed all Sprint apps and copy few of my apps I like. :D I signed the ROM and installed it around 8:30 PM. I wipe then flashed the ROM and everything came up normal. I configured my phone with my normal email and Google setting. Waited 30 minutes for everything settle down. Rebooted the phone and came up OK again. Phone had 95% charge left so I charged it again up to 100% around 9:30 PM. I didn't touch phone to see how good the battery charge hold. From 9:30 PM - 1 AM battery was still at 100% no single drop before I went to sleep. I woke up in the morning at 7 AM and saw it was at 94%. So from 1 AM - 7 AM it drop 6% so 1% drop per hour:thinking:. I looked at Spare part to saw partial wake up usage and saw Android System (25 mins):thinking:. All other less than 30 seconds. What is Android system doing that need to be awake and need battery power? I saw same thing on other ROMs and stock ROM?

I was on phone called from 10:40 - 1 AM conference call with speaker on for 30mins. Once the conference end my battery was at 54% and right now at 4:00 PM it is at 52%. However, I think the battery life is getting good some how after Pancake. x-ing fingers.

Upvote 0
Chocmatic, I download your rom and was comparing with my modified rom to your. It seems like you stated your ROM has lowmeyour lowmemorykiller is set to 1536,3072,4096,21000,23000,25000 however it set to 1536,2048,4096,5120,15360,23040 when looking at the gumbo.sh file. Am I looking at the wrong place? Unless I have my scripting wrong.:thinking:

Upvote 0
Disregard my message... it would help if I looked at the appsinstaller to see if there was anything pending installation :(

ok yeah... I'm missing something
How do I get these apps? were they included?

Clear Keyboard
Clear Lock-screen
Espresso Black
Nexus One boot-screen
Wireless Tether
SuperUser Permisions

I see the tether app in the zip file, but don't see that app on my system
I also notice the phone immediately starts to run hot.

What did I do wrong :(

I wiped, loaded the zip file, restarted
It does run fast, but I must be missing something

Upvote 0
ok yeah... I'm missing something
How do I get these apps? were they included?

Clear Keyboard
Clear Lock-screen
Espresso Black
Nexus One boot-screen
Wireless Tether
SuperUser Permisions

I see the tether app in the zip file, but don't see that app on my system
I also notice the phone immediately starts to run hot.

What did I do wrong :(

I wiped, loaded the zip file, restarted
It does run fast, but I must be missing something
If you download Chocmatic modified ROM, than yes. I haven't full look into.
There are themes:
Clear Keyboard
Clear Lock-screen
Espresso Black
Nexus One boot-screen

These are apps:
Wireless Tether
SuperUser Permisions

Check in your program list to see above apps. For themes you need to verify if you see everything Nexus boot screen when you boot the phone and clear screen for keyboard and lock screen. I have seen once the phone is booted it will be 100% awake and make the phone hot. You will need to put the phone in in sleep mode for five or more minutes. This will bring down the awake time down. Once the awake time is below 20% your phone should be cool. Hope this help.

Upvote 0
Chocmatic, I download your rom and was comparing with my modified rom to your. It seems like you stated your ROM has lowmeyour lowmemorykiller is set to 1536,3072,4096,21000,23000,25000 however it set to 1536,2048,4096,5120,15360,23040 when looking at the gumbo.sh file. Am I looking at the wrong place? Unless I have my scripting wrong.:thinking:

You know what...when I signed it I might have left the default settings without tweaking it. I can change it and reload it for you, if you would like. Those settings should be fine though.

I can add/remove other themes etc for whomever wants. PM if you want

Upvote 0
ok yeah... I give up... I've been looking and cannot find the tethering. It's in the zip, should it have shown up elsewhere?

The only apps out there for me to install were 4 sprint navs. Where do I get the other apps? Just afraid I did something totally wrong when I installed your rom chocmatic. :thinking:

Did you wipe your phone before installing my ROM? I'm assuming you installed the CMV01.zip rom. Sporkman and I tested the rom and it worked fine. I know my original rom had some issues, but they should be fixed in the last update.

Upvote 0
Did you wipe your phone before installing my ROM? I'm assuming you installed the CMV01.zip rom. Sporkman and I tested the rom and it worked fine. I know my original rom had some issues, but they should be fixed in the last update.
Yep... went into recovery and did a Wipe data/factory reset

when the rom loads I get the wicked colorful pixel X

I don't have the tether or the telenav or the memory deal... and the display settings look the same as the fresh rom. The rom version is pancake.

what did I do wrong.

I have no problem re-flashing, I'm just wondering if it's something I didn't do after installation

Upvote 0
Yep... went into recovery and did a Wipe data/factory reset

when the rom loads I get the wicked colorful pixel X

I don't have the tether or the telenav or the memory deal... and the display settings look the same as the fresh rom. The rom version is pancake.

what did I do wrong.

I have no problem re-flashing, I'm just wondering if it's something I didn't do after installation

That's the nexus one bootscreen. Doesn't look like you did anything wrong. It should load with no problem. Try downloading the file again just to be safe. What ROM were you using before trying to load the ROM I uploaded...maybe I can replicate your problem and attempt to fix it.

Upvote 0
I installed over Fresh 1.1 with Gumbo

I'm doing another flash (without wiping) just to see what happens.

If that doesnt work I'll wipe and flash. (I just hate keying in my email addresses when I wipe)

i will load fresh 1.1 and see what happens. During testing just skip the email setup part of it. You can always go back and enter it once the ROM is working properly.

Upvote 0
i will load fresh 1.1 and see what happens. During testing just skip the email setup part of it. You can always go back and enter it once the ROM is working properly.

ok I reflashed and I now have tether and telenav... telenav unfortunately won't work.. states it's 2.99 for T-Mobile customers and states it can't find my account.

I thought there was a memory deal that was suppose to be on there as well. What I think happened is I downloaded the file around 3:30 EST which was around the time you posted that you made an update to the file?

As far as these... I'm not sure if I have them or not... the flashy X, yes I do....

Clear Keyboard
Clear Lock-screen
Espresso Black
Nexus One boot-screen

++++ edit +++++ just realized lowmemorykiller was a driverand not an actual program

now to figure out visual effects

Upvote 0
ok I reflashed and I now have tether and telenav... telenav unfortunately won't work.. states it's 2.99 for T-Mobile customers and states it can't find my account.

I thought there was a memory deal that was suppose to be on there as well. What I think happened is I downloaded the file around 3:30 EST which was around the time you posted that you made an update to the file?

As far as these... I'm not sure if I have them or not... the flashy X, yes I do....

Clear Keyboard
Clear Lock-screen
Espresso Black
Nexus One boot-screen

++++ edit +++++ just realized lowmemorykiller was a driverand not an actual program

now to figure out visual effects

Not sure how t-mobile plans work...but sprint gps is included in the monthly plan. I posted it at around 9:59 am (1 pm est). Correct on the lowmemorykiller.

Clear keyboard: Allows you to see the screenbbehind you, b4 it was a gray background if I'm not mistaken.

Clear Lockscreen: just has the date and time no bar going across the screen

Expresso Black: Taskbar and launcher should look like the image below.

homenu.png

Upvote 0
Not sure how t-mobile plans work...but sprint gps is included in the monthly plan. I posted it at around 9:59 am (1 pm est). Correct on the lowmemorykiller.

Clear keyboard: Allows you to see the screenbbehind you, b4 it was a gray background if I'm not mistaken.

Clear Lockscreen: just has the date and time no bar going across the screen

Expresso Black: Taskbar and launcher should look like the image below.

homenu.png

Thanks!! Good to go now. I have Sprint and not T-Mobile... which is what confuses the bajeebers out of me why that would come up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones