• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any thoughts on the potential T-mobile talk?

Okay first off I want this deal to go through so bad and heres why. Sprint is seriously hurting right now. They need profits and after reading somewhere that they will increase with the acquisition of T-Mobile ive been all for it. The more money sprint will be able to rake in, the faster they can spread LTE and Spark. One thing i thought of was in turn from sprint buying T-Mobile, they will own Metro which has a CDMA network which could be expansion for sprint? I can really see this deal going through too because of the difference in network types. The FCC stopped the tmobile and ATT merger cause it would create that super network that could cause a monopoly over the market. This is different though, T-Mobile phones cant use sprint and Sprint cant use T-Mobile so i don't see much of a reason for the FCC to put their hand down unless someone else knows something I don't. thoughts anyone?
Sprint owns Boost mobile and Virgin Mobile, yet look at the quality of phones allowed on both those networks, new phone for those is roughly 2 generations behind, I would not want to see what they tried to do with t mobile.:(

Upvote 0
Sprint owns Boost mobile and Virgin Mobile, yet look at the quality of phones allowed on both those networks, new phone for those is roughly 2 generations behind, I would not want to see what they tried to do with t mobile.:(

To be fair, their "flagships" are the S3 and ip5s. Both comparable to other CDMA prepaid networks and both still very relevant devices.

If you look at tmobiles prepaid phone selection, you don't fare much better. The only real difference is you can bring your own high emnd device if you so desire

Upvote 0
To be fair, their "flagships" are the S3 and ip5s. Both comparable to other CDMA prepaid networks and both still very relevant devices.

If you look at tmobiles prepaid phone selection, you don't fare much better. The only real difference is you can bring your own high emnd device if you so desire
Not quite true, t mobile at least will let you buy, in the store the S4 and activate on prepay, they just wont finance it for you.

Upvote 0
My personal take...

I'm against it for the sake of preserving everything T-Mobile is doing for the mobile market. They're driving the changes being made for more consumer friendly practices. Theyre small enough to need to do revolutionary things to gain market share and force the large carriers to respond.

What incentive do they have to keep pressuring the big 3 (helping consumers) when they're owned by one of them? From Sprints standpoint, what better way to limit damage than to buy them and have a preview on what is going to happen and have the final say on whats being done? Leaving T-mobile as its current seperate brand owned by sprint allows them to do just that.

I'd rather have an unchecked T-mobile able to make the moves it wants to.

Excellent post!

You have summed it up quite nicely, the market will remain much more active and competitive as long as T-Mobile continues as it's own independent self. They are making some very good decisions by shaking up, and changing a stale old business model. It's the best thing happening right now.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
yzymejyr.jpg

Good sign to me

Reactions: drexappeal
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones