• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Torrenting on T- Mobile Gateway & Network....?!

A few years back the RIAA had TV commercials talking about people they busted sharing music and how many thousands of dollars they owe.

I know a couple of people in the UK who received piracy warning notices from Virgin Media, because they were torrenting movies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Do I need a VPN while torrenting on T-Mobile Gateway & Network....?!
You should absolutely use a VPN especially when you're torrenting. That applies no matter when you're connected via a cellular carrier or wired ISP, not just T-Mobile. A VPN gives you an encrypted online connection so be sure to set up your ExpressVPN options accordingly -- the default protocol is likely to be Automatic but change that to OpenVPN, and be sure to selectively choose to use a VPN server that's not region based. The default will choose one that's probably not nearby but the priority being it provides fastest bandwidth speed. Instead, you're safer to pick a VPN server preferably in another country. That might involve a bit of a speed hit but it's a matter of choosing between convenience or your own privacy.

Also, which torrent app are you using?

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
This article is apparently focused on the qBittorrent desktop application, so its recommendations on anonymous torrenting may or may not be in the phone app:
If there is any conflict between optimizing speed over privacy, I'd tentatively suggest prioritizing privacy when it involves torrents.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones