• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Mobile network not available" on Pixel 7

NewArtDroid

Apr 26, 2013
New York City area
I've had my Google Pixel 7, running Android 13, since November 2022.

In the last few days, I can't make phone calls because it says Mobile network not available. If I go to Settings, Network & Internet, it shows no SIMs (Add a network). If I restart my phone, no luck. If I turn off my phone for a few hours, it gets back to a SIM of Verizon for a few hours, before this starts again.

Furthermore, even if I'm on WiFi, I can't make or receive calls. Making my phone quite useless.

Hope someone can help. This is too early for a phone to stop working. And I loved by old Google Pixel 2XL.

Last edited:
I don't remember moving my SIM card from my Pixel 2XL to my Pixel 7. I thought I transferred everything with a wired transfer. Is there a way to tell?

And I still have my Pixel 2XL. I use it to upload my photos every week since that is still unlimited.

And how do I check if the SIM works in another phone without breaking anything? For example, could I put it in into my old Pixel 2XL or my Samsung Galaxy work phone?

Upvote 0
I mentioned the Pixel 2 XL because you mentioned it in your first post. So did you stick a new Verizon SIM card into the Pixel 7 or are you using eSIM on your Pixel 7?
When you ask about a new SIM Verizon card or eSIM, so you mean right now or when I bought my phone? When I bought it, I don't remember doing anything. Now, I haven't done anything yet.

Upvote 0
And how do I check if the SIM works in another phone without breaking anything? For example, could I put it in into my old Pixel 2XL or my Samsung Galaxy work phone?
Yes. That's what SIMs are designed for, so that you can change handset without changing service or contract. Swapping them is the whole point.

eSIMs are different: they aren't removable, just a bit of data that is loaded into a storage location in the phone that does the same job of associating your account to that phone that a physical SIM does. I've not heard of them failing, and if one were to it would probably mean there was a problem with your provider's systems (they'd messed-up something about your account) rather than a hardware failure. But physical SIMs can fail, and it can produce symptoms similar to what you describe, loss of connection, temporarily fixed by restarting the phone, which is why I suggested that as a possible cause.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones