• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any way to move an app from one android device to another?

I have an un-rooted Nexus One on which I have (and love) the now defunct shapewriter application.

I also just got and rooted a g-tablet. Sadly it does not have my favorite keyboard. Hence the question:

Is there a way to find the shapewriter files on my Nexus One and copy over to my g-tablet and install them?

Use Astro file manager. Open astro, press menu, press tools, press application manager/backup, select shapewriter. This will put the .apk on your SD card under "backups" you can then upload the .apk to your dropbox and install on the tab or connect the your cpu and copy the .apk then transfer it to the tab. No need to root.

Upvote 0
Use Astro file manager. Open astro, press menu, press tools, press application manager/backup, select shapewriter. This will put the .apk on your SD card under "backups" you can then upload the .apk to your dropbox and install on the tab or connect the your cpu and copy the .apk then transfer it to the tab. No need to root.
I didn't know astro could do that.

Upvote 0

best answer so far.... thanks for the tips buddy!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones