• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any way to set multiple default 'Signatures' for Several Email Accounts on Android?

DROIDing

Android Enthusiast
Aug 1, 2010
Hi :)

Quick Question... I have a few Email Accounts set up on my Droid2 with Froyo, and I was wondering if there was anyway to set a different default Signature for EACH one - since one is personal, one is business, and one is for a website I run etc?

Right now, even though I set up a Signature under an individual account, it populates no matter what account I'm replying in or sending messages from. I always have to delete it to reply to Face Book for example, from my personal primary email address.

THANKS! :)

Within Gmail:
* Go into the Inbox for one account.
* Menu Key-->More-->Settings
* That will bring you to a menu just for that account, where the first entry should be "Signature."
* Repeat for each account.

That worked just fine for my 3 Gmail accounts.

Also, K-9 Mail (in the Market) also supports multiple signatures.

I am not sure if the same works under Yahoo! mail, but in the generic "Email" app that came on my D2G, there is just one Signature setting. :/

Reactions: DROIDing
Upvote 0
Within Gmail:
* Go into the Inbox for one account.
* Menu Key-->More-->Settings
* That will bring you to a menu just for that account, where the first entry should be "Signature."
* Repeat for each account.

That worked just fine for my 3 Gmail accounts.

Also, K-9 Mail (in the Market) also supports multiple signatures.

I am not sure if the same works under Yahoo! mail, but in the generic "Email" app that came on my D2G, there is just one Signature setting. :/

Yeah, that seems to be what's happening... only one catch-all signature being applied to everything since I only have one gmail and the rest are all being grouped under the generic app on the Droid2.

Well, that answers my question at least, thanks a lot!

So K-9, then, would allow for separate signatures for each webmail account (GoDaddy, Hotmail, and Yahoo are what I have)? I am going to check it out - awesome!

Edit: JUST downloaded, going to check it out. I bet it even has other feature improvements over the generic app.

PS: I was wondering if you knew if this App (K-9) would automatically delete emails on the server, or keep them there and ONLY delete them off my phone? I only ask, because I don't want it to, I will experiment with it and see, but I like to sit down a couple times a week at my 'real' inbox on a PC and delete/sort messages into their folders, and don't want my phone to delete them after I've read them.
PPS: Last question... but does K-9 update my phone if I delete something from the server from a PC (kind of the opposite of the questions I just asked above)?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones