• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any way to sort in standard folders by shortcut name?

I searched the site a few times for variations on the topic, so I'm sorry if it's been asked before.

I was explaining to a colleague of mine how frustrating it was that you can't sort folders created on Android (not only can you not sort them by name, but you can't even manually drag & sort them around like you can on an iPhone ... or to a lesser extent on the main screens of the Android OS)

Being an Android owner since launch, I'm certain that I'm not missing an in-OS setting or option ... but I was wondering if there were any applications out there that will re-sort the contents of a created folder alphabetical by name? (And again, to be clear, I'm not talking about a folder on the SD card, I'm talking about a long-press on the home screen folder)

Anybody else baffled and frustrated by this BASIC development over-sight?

Anybody have any advice or an app that they can point me to?

Thanks in advance for any help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones