• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any YouTube TV Subscribers

@olbriar, please take a look at this
They dropped MLB on YouTube TV this January....
You'll only get whatever games are on ESPN FS1 and similar other channels.

Upvote 0
They do have regional coverage of certain sports and games but I'm not sure what stations they carry. I guess try calling YouTube TV and ask what's available in your area.
1-650-253-0000
Thanks... I have a few questions so I'll be giving them a call in a couple of weeks when I'm ready to do my changes.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
My son just switched to YT TV this past weekend. He and his family are struggling with the learning curve but think the service is quality. For the substantial savings, he said they will learn to deal with it. :) It seems their highest hurdle is trying to find the channels they like to watch. @Dannydet Is there a way to directly go to a channel you want to watch without scrolling through the live shows list? I told him that you use the app on your phone and maybe that would give him a shorter route to a particular show. (hope)

Upvote 0
That won't be extremely awkward. If they carry 70 live channels, I might choose 8 to to 10 that I might watch. I can surely scroll through less than a dozen. I will miss punching in a number to access a channel and I assume I will miss the back or previous channel button. I'm notorious to jumping back and forth between two channels. I appreciate the info.

In the same vein, has anyone used the Peacock stream? I don't know their lineup but they will be streaming the Sunday night football this year. I also read somewhere where they have the exclusive to one wild card playoff game. With my substantial savings, I think I can see my way clear to pay 5 bucks a month for their service as well. Especially if they have some decent programing. NBCSports.com has the Sunday night game but it's unclear to me if it will be on NBC network.

Upvote 0
Yet another YTTV question, I understand how you can hide programming using the app. I understand you can reorder the channels of interest using the app. Is that per household or can that be per viewer. My wife has specific programming that she watches and so do I. It would be extra sweet if each of us could eliminate the channels we don't watch and only have a list of channels of interest. Our viewing interests do not overlap. It is even a bigger problem at my son's house. He has wife and kids that enjoy different programming. I so hope that once you open the app and confirm it is you watching the TV that it only shows the channels of your interest and will do the same for each viewer.

Upvote 0
Yes, your YouTube TV membership comes with 6 accounts to share with roommates or family members in your household. (Ages 13 and up.) Everyone gets their own login, personalized content recommendations, and individual DVR Library. Membership comes with up to 3 simultaneous streams.
EXCELLENT!!! That's exactly what I want and will fix my son up as well. It's just the wife and I and three TVs here. My son has four unique viewers. I can see where three streams might handcuff him a bit. It will never be a factor at my house.

Upvote 0
@olbriar, you really can't beat it with the options YTtv gives you.
On vacations we take our 10"tablet and watch our shows on it. You can also take your streaming stick, connect to the hotel tv and watch from it.
Streaming stick? Are you talking a roku like device? All of my TVs as well as my son's are smart TVs so there is no need for a streaming stick... at least I don't anticipate the need. I do have an old roku box that I used on a TV that's has since been replaced.

Upvote 0
Back when YouTube TV was offered I'd have loved to try it, unfortunately they don't support 'prepaid debit cards' for some asinine reason. So I cannot. I have zero credit score and can't even get a 'starter card' from a bank. Not that I care to have one that only wants to charge interest and put me into debt. I am not sure why so many companies, including those that used to accept prepaid Visa just fine (such as Sling) no longer do. It makes no sense. Heck, even Stardock Software wouldn't accept my prepaid Visa saying 'prepaid cards are not supported' but I worked around that with Amazon Pay which ironically uses the same Visa.

Upvote 0
Step #1 has been initiated. AT&T will be running fiber to my home in the AM tomorrow. I just paid my current ISP and DTV bills so they will overlap and give me some time for adjustment. It will take up my idle time just changing all of my user account information everywhere on the planet. I also am in charge of my high school class contacts as well as friends and family that I will need to make aware of the change. I'll put my phones, PCs, weather station, and TVs on my new ISP. Once I have everything working and taken care of, I'll tell Cox Communications to color me gone. I'm not renting any equipment so they can just flip the big red switch and I can pull all of their poorly installed cables off the back of my house.

Step #2 is the step I'm looking forward to. Call DTV and ask them where they want me to shove their equipment. :) I understand you are to simply take their equipment to a handy UPS store and say.. here is the stuff I no longer need. They take the equipment and note the serial numbers and you are done. What becomes of the stuff is a question but I'm not one who cares as long as I'm no longer liable for the equipment.

Step #3 will be getting into the streaming life. YTTV tops my list. I already have Prime. I'm hoping I can get MLB at a discount after the All Star break. If not... I'll likely live without my baseball package and settle for what little I can find for free.

Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0
@olbriar , are you getting a router/gateway/wifi device from your new isp or do you have your own?
I have modem and router now that I will no longer need. They are providing their gateway at no charge. I replaced my older equipment a couple of years ago and went to a "faster" and more expensive plan. I didn't realize that I wasn't getting the speed that I was paying for... not even one fifth actually. I should have changed providers before investing in newer and better equipment.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones